Toon-Brite Clear Coat?

Par

Toon-Brite Clear Coat?

Post by Par »

Anyone tried "toon-brite" protective clear coat from bass pro shop?
Ive tried wet sanding and buffing my clouded gelcoat but it only lasts for a few months at best.
I'm considering clear coating over top of the gel coat or re-gel coating with clear gel coat.
Thanks
Par
Sponsored by Murph's Mule Barn
LEN B

Re: Toon-Brite Clear Coat?

Post by LEN B »

[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b7dd34b3127ccec0ca2f54d84500000010O00AbtGbho2bsmIPbz4Q/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/[/img]
mrobinett

Post by mrobinett »

Par wrote:Anyone tried "toon-brite" protective clear coat from bass pro shop?
Ive tried wet sanding and buffing my clouded gelcoat but it only lasts for a few months at best.
I'm considering clear coating over top of the gel coat or re-gel coating with clear gel coat.
Thanks
Par
Hi Par. Coming from an ex gelcoater, be careful with sanding and then buffing. every time you do that, it takes a little more clear off and eventually you'll get down to the flake itself and then the paint on the flake turns silver and the finish gets a pitted look because the top layer of clear is gone. By putting a new clear coat over the clouded gelcoat, you're just going to end up with clouded gelcoat under the new clear gelcoat. I'm assuming it's an older boat. unfortunetly there's not a lot you can do with the cloudiness. Hope this helps a little.
Par

Post by Par »

Thanks robinett
Sponsored by Murph's Mule Barn