Where to go

crayfish

Where to go

Post by crayfish »

I have an Air Force Buddy coming into town that I have not seen in 20 years. He wants to go fishing, problem is I have not been out in month. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where to go? Just looking to try and get us some fish.

I live in Sacramento and am willing to go to Clearlake, Oroville, Berryessa, or ???.

Thanks,
Ray
nate50

Re: Where to go

Post by nate50 »

Berry has been fishing really good. I've been staying in the main lake fishing points with top water till the pleasure boats get to crazy then slip up the creeks fishing the points again. Hope that gives you some starting ideas. Thank your buddy for his service
Scott L

Re: Where to go

Post by Scott L »

Just fished Clear Lake Mon and Tuesday. Had not been there for more than 10 years.

My oldest son and I started slow Monday, but adjusted and boated 35 and 70 plus on Tuesday. If we needed or wanted a bite at anytime we threw a dropshot with a MM III (purple) worm. Lipless cranks worked well also. Both shad and Red colors worked. Shaky head seemed to attract a better quality fish. Same color worms. Purple/PB&J.

Shag rock, Frazier, Anderson Island all produced well. Mainly stayed south from the Narrows. Generally speaking the better fish were in 15-20 feet of water, but caught a few in 3-6 feet. Tules near deep water seemed to be a good place to start.

The bass we caught were all very healthy footballs. Keep in mind these are not fish that will get you anywhere in a tournament on Clear Lake. Our biggest was a 6, 4.75, couple of 4's, but most were in the 1.75-2.5 # range. Since we were throwing the dropshot and shaky on spinning gear it was a lot of fun.

If you want to go catch a bunch of quality bass and have fun, Clear Lake would be hard to beat right now.