Cal Delta - 6lber on a frog

ElGuapo

Cal Delta - 6lber on a frog

Post by ElGuapo »

First thing in the morning. She was up super shallow - I was sitting in 5' of water and she hit pretty far out. Tail was all beat up too.

mark poulson

Re: Cal Delta - 6lber on a frog

Post by mark poulson »

Muy guapo!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
ElGuapo

Post by ElGuapo »

mark poulson wrote:Muy guapo!
iMuchas gracias!
Kyle46N

Post by Kyle46N »

This answers a question for me. Catching these 2-3 lbers on frogs way back in mats and putting everything I have into getting their butts out of the slime, I wondered how in hades I would pull a 5 lber out of this slop? Here's my answer....you don't get it out. You go get it! Nice fish man. Thanks for the video.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

ElGuapo wrote:
mark poulson wrote:Muy guapo!
iMuchas gracias!
El gusto es mio!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

That fish spawned upside down?
Glenn Abuelhaj
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Sweet, good job.

I got a nice one there too, about a week prior over on White's. She went airborne and I fought her over the weeds, kinda surfed her as much as possible so she wouldn't dive down. The Dobyn's Champion frog rod comes in handy for that, and the new KastKing Speed Demon 9:3 reel w/ 65 P.Pro.

Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
Kyle46N

Post by Kyle46N »

Otay Michael wrote:Sweet, good job.

I got a nice one there too, about a week prior over on White's. She went airborne and I fought her over the weeds, kinda surfed her as much as possible so she wouldn't dive down. The Dobyn's Champion frog rod comes in handy for that, and the new KastKing Speed Demon 9:3 reel w/ 65 P.Pro.

Has the Speed Demon been working well for you? I bought one for my punching set up last week. Took it out and within 5 minutes the thumb bar was engaging mid flip, then eventually I would have to press it up to three times just to get it engage for the beginning of a flip. Sent it back. The 9:1 speed was legit though, and I loved how quickly I could get a fish out of the slop. Obviously I got a dud, and at that price range I'm thinking about buying another one. It's a steal if I can get one that works and stays intact.
ElGuapo

Post by ElGuapo »

Otay Michael wrote:Sweet, good job.

Nice one Michael!

Are you using the Dobyns Champ 736? That's what I've got. Perfect frog rod for the delta.

Is that "Otay" as in "Otay Mesa"? I'm from just up the 15 from you - Escondido.
ElGuapo

Post by ElGuapo »

gabuelhaj wrote:That fish spawned upside down?
Yeah weird right? And I wonder how long ago as it's late in the season.
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

ElGuapo wrote:
Otay Michael wrote:Sweet, good j=1[/img]
Nice one Michael!

Are you using the Dobyns Champ 736? That's what I've got. Perfect frog rod for the delta.

Is that "Otay" as in "Otay Mesa"? I'm from just up the 15 from you - Escondido.

Yes, Otay as in Otay Lake in East Chula Vista, where i grew up. Now live in Del Mar though, where I run an art gallery with my work, but still drive the hour down there as the frog bite is better there than anywhere else in San Diego county.

Yes, the 736C I believe, great rod, used it for years. Usually don't spend that kind of mula on a rod, but I throw the frog so much figured I may as well commit to the gear too.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
ElGuapo

Post by ElGuapo »

Nice. I also lived off Mona Lisa, just on the other side of the 5 from where you are now.

Yeah, the frog bite is non-existent in Del Mar! :D
ElGuapo

Post by ElGuapo »

Kyle46N wrote:This answers a question for me. Catching these 2-3 lbers on frogs way back in mats and putting everything I have into getting their butts out of the slime, I wondered how in hades I would pull a 5 lber out of this slop? Here's my answer....you don't get it out. You go get it! Nice fish man. Thanks for the video.
Thanks! Yep, didn't want to break my rod.