New Triton Bass Boat

Scottr

New Triton Bass Boat

Post by Scottr »

Hello All,

I purchased my 3rd Triton boat this spring from C&C Marine and was very excited as I should be only to find the quality and service sure isn't what it used to be. The boat was damaged in transit due to poor shipping procedures from Triton and was not informed of this until delivery day when C&C told me to go it repaired and Triton would pay, Nice! The rigging of the boat at C&C was poorly done on the electronics and missing bolts on the jack plate etc. Then the boat had some serious leaks and warped lids. This boat cost me 50K and was delivered in March and still is not right, I would not recommend buying a Triton or any boat for that matter from C&C Marine in Citrus Heights.
brian c

Re: New Triton Bass Boat

Post by brian c »

Man that sux. Sorry to hear.
Scottr

Post by Scottr »

Yup, the boat has been back and forth to the shop more then on the water by far and trust me they don't care!
kb

Post by kb »

Scott:

I am the Triton Rep here in the West and I was aware of the shipping cover marks that were on your boat and made the arrangements for it to go to a glass shop closer to you and one that does warranty repair. I would like to talk to you regarding the other issues you are having on your boat to see how we can resolve this. I will be around all day tomorrow you can call me at 916 390-7770 or email me at kbrown@surewest.net. I am sorry for the issues you have experienced and let's see what we can do to get it all taken care of.

Kent Brown
Triton Boats
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
Scottr

Post by Scottr »

Hi Kent,
I appreciate you reaching out and will give you a call but I'm not sure what good it will do as I have been dealing with Triton directly and not really getting any where. It just seems like there is no pride in quality and no one stands behind their product anymore. Maybe if your an Elite angler but not for the working guy.
Freefall

Post by Freefall »

That's disheartening to hear. I love my 05 Triton and was hoping to upgrade to a new one in a few years. I hope this gets worked out and they are squared away by then.
Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Scottr wrote:Hi Kent,
I appreciate you reaching out and will give you a call but I'm not sure what good it will do as I have been dealing with Triton directly and not really getting any where. It just seems like there is no pride in quality and no one stands behind their product anymore. Maybe if your an Elite angler but not for the working guy.
Idctake KB up on that offer. A Rep can get far farther than any consumer,

Now before anyone says ANYTHING!
Im not saying that is right, just that that is the way it is.

Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
three10's

Post by three10's »

This is very disheartening. I have a 1999 triton and was Thinking of buying a new Triton within the year but have been going back and forth between Triton and Ranger I really love my Triton but this may sway me towards a Ranger which I know are great boats hmm?
Scottr

Post by Scottr »

My first Triton was a 99 my second was an 03 then I purchased a Ranger. I choose the Triton because I had good luck with the first 2 and they were were cheaper I wish I choose a Ranger because for 50k a guy should be happy and get quality. Choose wisely and check the web, I wish I had!
kb

Post by kb »

I have been watching this post and last night I reached out to Scott to try to help him with any issues, I have given him my cell number and have only received a message on WB that I probably can't help him and he has sent me an email saying that he is sure nothing will make him happy. Until last night I was not aware of any issues with this customer's boat other than the shipping scuffs that I saw on the boat.

In fairness yes there have been some issues with his boat and he lives in Weed, CA so we have arranged for his boat to be serviced in the closest locations. There was some shipping cover scuffs on the bottom of the gel coat and I arranged for the boat to go to Bragg's Marine in Redding. Not only do I think Bob does the best gel work but he is the closest repair center.

There was some other issues that needed to be corrected and we arranged for the warranty work to be done at Redding Yamaha once again trying to cut down the travel time. C&C Marine has shipped different bolt kits for the power pole. One of the issues that I know has Scott frustrated and rightfully so is for some reason the parts department has shipped a replacement deck lid to him wrong twice. Triton is aware of it and they have not requested them back to save him any issues and there has been a rush put on a new deck lid. His deck lid will be shipped directly to him. I know it isn't perfect but I hope he is out fishing in his boat.

I don't want this to turn into a bashing session but in fairness we have worked hard to get any issues with this new boat covered and fixed. Has it gone perfectly? NO! but we will continue to try to fix any issues for this customer as we will for any of our customers. Authorizing a Ranger dealer that is close to his house to do the warranty repair work is not what we usually do but due to the travel distance we are trying to do our best.

My number is still there and I am happy to discuss any issues and the offer to help Scott is here. I know he is frustrated and rightfully so I know when we buy new boats we expect them to be perfect but sometime they aren't and that is what your warranty is for. Triton will stand behind the boat and make it right.

Kent Brown
Western Regional Sales Manager
Triton Boats
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

This topic has been locked.

The WB forums are a place for fishing discussion and questions. It is not a complaint board and it is not a place to fight with an orgnaization or company. If you have a question to any organization or company or manufacturer of the content of their webiste, or their product. you should address it with them directly.