Best Double Buzz Rod

Moleman

Best Double Buzz Rod

Post by Moleman »

I just got into throwing a double bladed buzz on the delta. my favorites are the D&M, Picasso, and the clearlake outdoors model. I was wondering what your preferences are for rods? Your time is appreciated.
Stratos278

Re: Best Double Buzz Rod

Post by Stratos278 »

Dobyns 734C (any series). I personally use a Champion 734C for my buzzers, doesn't matter if it's a single or double buzz.
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
Kyle46N

Post by Kyle46N »

I've been throwing the River2Sea Whopper plopper buzz on the Delta for a couple months now, and I love throwing it on a 7'2" Lews Team HM85 Heavy with moderate action. It probably fishes like a "heavier" medium heavy, but I love the flex in the tip with the double buzz. Best way to describe it is a "sticky" combo. Granted I haven't been able to figure out how to put the bait in front of a bunch of fish, but I have managed to get a few on it most trips in the morning, and honestly, I haven't missed a fish yet. Personally, I would look at a heavy action rod with a moderate taper for the double buzz.
crawdaddy

Post by crawdaddy »

I throw the D&M Double Hammer a lot and the best rod I have found is the Powell 735 mag heavy frog rod. I mostly throw the bait over grass and heavy cover so I want a stout rod. Throwing that bait all day in the wind can take it out of you and that heavier rod makes it easier for me. The baits you describe are too heavy for a 4 power rod in my opinion. I only use 65lb braid as well.
I would rather jog home from my own Vasectomy than spend Saturday at the mall.
Moleman

Post by Moleman »

Thanks for all the advice guys, its been really helpful.