is the Honda 2000iu generator best to charge gel batterys?

eastbayanglers

is the Honda 2000iu generator best to charge gel batterys?

Post by eastbayanglers »

Hello there i am making that plunge to invest in a Generator for the sole purpose of charging my optima gel batteries, i have my eyes on the honda 2000iu i was hoping anyone could share there experiences with these generators & or things to keep in mind when going this way.
The goal being longer trips, 1-2 weeks at a time maybe more & no way to charge the boat batteries. So the generator is solution. So i was really hoping you could share any experience you may have with this.

Thanks

EBA
Rod Martin

Re: is the Honda 2000iu generator best to charge gel batterys?

Post by Rod Martin »

Also think about an inverter I have found it easier some times to hook my inverter to the pickup and run the engine. Lot less noise than most generators and less hassle than running 12volt wires.
Look at solar battery chargers, I know some of the boats docked full-time at our lake have solar on them
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
Whoopbass

Re: is the Honda 2000iu generator best to charge gel batterys?

Post by Whoopbass »

I have a 2000 watt Yamaha generator and I used to run three 10 amp chargers at the same time without any issues. Plenty of power for the job. Make sure you hide it whether its at your campsite or in your vehicle because they're a target for theft.