boat carpet alternatives

Bass boy dave

boat carpet alternatives

Post by Bass boy dave »

good morning western bass. my ranger needs some new carpet and was wondering about alternatives to bass boat carpet, or just have the carpet redone. I have heard about people using bed liner instead but what about the weight. I would like to keep my padded front deck but would consider some thing else. any body have pictures of finished projects. also the durability of color.
I plan on keeping this boat for another five years and would like it to look clean so later can sell. any advice would be great. thank you
Stewy119fishes

Re: boat carpet alternatives

Post by Stewy119fishes »

Check out Seadek... I saw it at a boat show on a Ranger... It was beautiful. Not cheap, but amazing. The guys on BigBassDreams on Youtube have it on their boat as well.
Kyle46N

Post by Kyle46N »

I've fished in two boats fitted with SeaDek, and I'll echo the same...awesome stuff.
Bassfishman

Post by Bassfishman »

Anyone have a rough cost estimate for SeaDek on a typical bass boat? I like the looks too.
Wolfeman

Post by Wolfeman »

"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Bass boy dave wrote:good morning western bass. my ranger needs some new carpet and was wondering about alternatives to bass boat carpet, or just have the carpet redone. I have heard about people using bed liner instead but what about the weight. I would like to keep my padded front deck but would consider some thing else. any body have pictures of finished projects. also the durability of color.
I plan on keeping this boat for another five years and would like it to look clean so later can sell. any advice would be great. thank you
I'd suggest you contact some boat dealers, and ask how the installation of either new carpet or Seadek affects resale.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Bassfishman

Post by Bassfishman »

Wolfeman wrote:http://www.seadek.com/blog/choosing-seadek-non-skid/

Here ya go.
- Wolfeman
Thanks for the link.