Prop help 392v

Share vehicle info.
84tracker

Prop help 392v

Post by 84tracker »

Need some ideas on what u guys are running if u have same boat I have 1983 ranger 392v with Merc 200hp. It threw a blade today and there are no markings on the prop whatsoever. New boat to me and prop shows a lot of signs of being worked/repaired so being there are no marking anywhere on it (appears to be sanded down tremendously) I don’t know where to start so any advice is truly appreciated
D38FF1EB-F470-4B6B-98E8-5A47FABFFD35.jpeg
d75bender

Re: Prop help 392v

Post by d75bender »

I don't have much advice to a prop throwing a blade other than the fact that like you said it was repaired previously or had a crack in it and the torque on it just threw it off. Not much you can do but buy another prop. I have a 88 Ranger with a 150hp Evinrude that I just bought and my boat has a 27p SS Renegade prop on it at the moment. The pitch is to high for my motor and I'm looking to get a 19-23p SS prop.

If you're looking for a good SS prop that has only been used like 12 times now let me know.

It's a 27 pitch
15 Spline Right hand turn
4 blade Renegade

No dings or scratches and comes with the hub. I use it on my boat right now and shoot I'll even meet you at Folsom and let you try it out on your boat if you want. If it fits that is. My motor is OMC and yours is a Merc so I'm not sure if the shafts are different. If you're interested I have it listed in the Marine Accessories area under the classifieds and I got pics there too. Feel free to PM if you're interested.