Rod comparison

Randy Walker

Rod comparison

Post by Randy Walker »

Anybody out there using or used the G Loomis E6X drop shot rod and have also used the Phenix M1 drop shot rod? They are comparable rods but on paper but wanted to get some real time usage info... heard very good things about both of them...

Thanks ~
~ Thanks for the support ~
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
The Rod Glove http://vrxfishing.com/
Bigworm88

Re: Rod comparison

Post by Bigworm88 »

I have not used the g loomis rod but own many m1 rods. My fishing partner bought the medium light m1 and it is way to soft. I purchase the 7’2” medium and use for my drop shot rod. Love the rod very fast tip with a lot of backbone for those big girls.
Mitch

Re: Rod comparison

Post by Mitch »

I'm a Loomis guy !! ALL my rods are IMX, but I tried an E6DSR 720 just to see what it was like. For me, it was too wimpy and really not what I like. I have an IMXDSR 722 and it fills the bill when it's a tough bite and most fish are under 2#. Biggest one I've caught on it was 3#15oz and it was bent in half getting it in, lol ! Also, I'm not a fan of the split handle. I know a lot of guys who are, but I'm just "Old School" I guess. As far as being of good quality, hey, it's a LOOMIS !! It's a great fit on a smaller budget.
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms