Will bass hang on "humps" in the Delta?

Ranger519v

Will bass hang on "humps" in the Delta?

Post by Ranger519v »

I've always wondered... with so many seals throughout the delta, will bass hang out on humps like they would in a lake? The experts are always saying the bass go deep in the summer and winter but my _guess_ is that they burrow up under shelves and other hideouts away from predators (e.g. seals). There are underwater islands/humps throughout the delta and I'm just wondering if folks have tried and have had success?
Bob
===========================================
1997 Ranger 519DVS, 225 Mercury EFI, 12 and 9" HDS Gen 3s, 109 MG Tour, 10' Talons
===========================================
george

Re: Will bass hang on "humps" in the Delta?

Post by george »

Look at the delta as a river or series of narrow lakes, look for humps, cuts, depressions islands and fish them like you would fish a the same structure in a lake. Currents will position the fish on these structure areas so you have to figure out where the eddys or current breaks are and you can do well.
Many anglers do not look for these areas because they get so locked in to what they see on the banks that they never move out to look for these areas. If you find them keep them in mind for the times that the bank bite shuts down.
The seals and big stripers normally do not stay in any area for long periods as well as the weed cover that is on these deeper areas helps the bass hide pretty well.
Find these spots and keep them in your weigh points!

George