Tackle Warehouse Brick and Mortar?

monte300

Tackle Warehouse Brick and Mortar?

Post by monte300 »

I've been ordering tackle from Tackle Warehouse online for many years and have had good experiences. Has anyone here ever visited their physical location in San Luis Obispo and if so what are your opinions? Thanks in advance.
jg

Re: Tackle Warehouse Brick and Mortar?

Post by jg »

I was there once a few years ago. It was ok but kinda small. I believe they have moved from that location so I could not tell you about now.
drew

Post by drew »

The retail showroom is small (25X25ft) with 2-3 sales people. Everything they sell is there in the warehouse and the sales people can pull it for you to check out. They do offer a discount for online orders with retail pick up which is nice.
monte300 wrote:I've been ordering tackle from Tackle Warehouse online for many years and have had good experiences. Has anyone here ever visited their physical location in San Luis Obispo and if so what are your opinions? Thanks in advance.
steve black

Post by steve black »

These guys are awesome,at the counter, friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable. When ever I visit my folks in Santa Maria, I always stop in to pick up my goodies on the way home to the valley. I always order on line before I leave for home and by the time I get their its waiting for me. Fantastic service :D
Steve.
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

40 years in Retail Operations and I've never seen a more efficient, seamless operation.
As we used to say, "they get it".

Between TW and Monster Tackle CA anglers
are very fortunate.
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Thanks fellas, I look forward to visiting them in the fall
DDG

Post by DDG »

I have to chime in here, after spending two months in Florida, there is hardly any specialty tackle shops how we have here in CA. So for thatI am grateful for CA. There is a few by Okeechobee but other than that its mostly BPS and Dicks. As of Recently I refuse to shop at Dicks, so that pretty much narrows it down.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

DDG wrote:I have to chime in here, after spending two months in Florida, there is hardly any specialty tackle shops how we have here in CA. So for thatI am grateful for CA. There is a few by Okeechobee but other than that its mostly BPS and Dicks. As of Recently I refuse to shop at Dicks, so that pretty much narrows it down.
I purchase most of my tackle online at Tackle Warehouse. However, a brick and mortar that I enjoy visiting is Fisherman's Warehouse in Northern California. They always seem to have a good selection of the stuff I buy. I have never ordered from them online, but they might be a good out of state option.
Last edited by monte300 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

DanIsaac wrote:40 years in Retail Operations and I've never seen a more efficient, seamless operation.
As we used to say, "they get it".

Between TW and Monster Tackle CA anglers
are very fortunate.
I think I once ordered some treble hooks and line from Monster. Have you seen their selection of crankbaits? Downright pathetic! It appears they don't believe in fat crankbaits. :mrgreen:
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Notice I did not speak negatively of any other specific retailer...that was intentional as I do not believe in it....I've worked at nearly every brick and mortar in NorCal over the past 24 years and I have enjoyed a great relationship
with most all. I was in no way slamming any other operation. TW has without doubt changed the retail tackle industry and Monster's customer service is as good as it comes...

My point was NorCal is extremely fortunate in the options it has at it's disposal. Whether its Phil's in Redding , Coyote B&T in San Jose or those in between, we are very fortunate...I'll leave it at that!
Last edited by DanIsaac on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
monte300

Post by monte300 »

The experience I had with Monster was good. However, being a cranker I just can't get past their lack of selection.
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

monte300 wrote:The experience I had with Monster was good. However, being a cranker I just can't get past their lack of selection.
Did you actually go in their store (Outdoor Pro Shop, 420 Houser, Cotati) or just go by their on-line availability? I know that the last time I was in there (granted it was about two years ago) they had several aisles of crankbaits from Lucky Craft, Strike King, Norman, Bandit, Luhr Jensen (SpeedTraps and HotLips), Rat-L-Trap, Storm and SPRO, among others. Be forewarned though, some of their hot sellers fly off the pegs as fast as they are put out (Delta Craw SpeedTrap, for example)

(Edit): Forgot to mention Rapala and Berkeley, they have those, too...
Last edited by Stratos278 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Actually I'm basing that comment strictly from their online website. I have never been in one of their stores, didn't know they exist?

Appears to be different Monster Tackle

http://www.monstertackle.com/
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

Outdoor Pro shop has been in business for a LONNNNG time. They only have the one store, but it's been in its present location for about 10(?) years. Prior to that, they were in Rohnert Park until they outgrew that store. They also had a second location in Oakland, right next to the Nimitz Fwy for about four or five years, but it closed about 7-8 years ago (location, maybe...)

And the MonsterTackle you were looking at is not the same, that one is in the UK. Try this:
http://www.monsterfishingtackle.com
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"