FLW College National Championship (Need Help)

Bjkendrick

FLW College National Championship (Need Help)

Post by Bjkendrick »

My name is BJ Kendrick and Im a student at Sonoma State University. This year me and my partner have qualified for the flw college national championship on the Red River in Shreveport Louisiana which takes place at the end of May. This is a huge trip for us and we aren't quite sure where to start. Between gas, hotel, food, and tackle its going to be an expensive trip. We are seeking advice from anyone who has done this or something similar before on how to raise money for the trip down south. Were just a couple of college students trying to get out there this year so any tips or advice helps. Thanks,
BJ Kendrick & Josh Hanna
(408)891-4902
Bj5kendrick@yahoo.com
Attachments
000257066_original_650x650-2.jpg
Chad Sweitzer

Re: FLW College National Championship (Need Help)

Post by Chad Sweitzer »

I qualified for the 2017 Bassmaster College National Championship and raised money through GoFundMe. We also received a ton of support from local businesses and some donations from members of Westernbass! Be sure to spread the word through newspaper and keep the GoFundMe updated if you decide to do one. Always thank the businesses that support you! Google "GoFundMe Chico State Bass National Champ." and you can see our campaign and others like it.
PB: Spot-9.625 (Shasta Record) LMB-13.27 SM-4.36
mike at robo

Post by mike at robo »

Roboworm will be happy to supply all the baits you think you will need to win !!!! Talk to Mark Taylor on the phone and he’ll take you order . Good luck !!!!!
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

Way to go Mike!!! :D
Andy Lippert

Post by Andy Lippert »

Congrats on qualifying. I've never done anything similar, as my folks told me to pound sand when I said I wanted to stop going to school and try and make a living fishing as an 18 year old. That being said--the best way to raise money is to stop looking for a handout, and getting to work. Get a job, mow lawns, wash cars, pick weeds--and if you don't make enough money to finance the trip, work harder and more often for longer hours, and if you STILL can't afford it, save your pennies and hope you qualify next year.

This whole crap notion of starting a GoFundMe to GO FISHING, is mind boggling and is as preposterous as asking someone to finance your vacation.

Bjkendrick wrote:My name is BJ Kendrick and Im a student at Sonoma State University. This year me and my partner have qualified for the flw college national championship on the Red River in Shreveport Louisiana which takes place at the end of May. This is a huge trip for us and we aren't quite sure where to start. Between gas, hotel, food, and tackle its going to be an expensive trip. We are seeking advice from anyone who has done this or something similar before on how to raise money for the trip down south. Were just a couple of college students trying to get out there this year so any tips or advice helps. Thanks,
BJ Kendrick & Josh Hanna
(408)891-4902
Bj5kendrick@yahoo.com
Bjkendrick

Post by Bjkendrick »

Josh and I would just like to say thanks for all the advice we have received thus far. We have some plans to visit with a few local companies in the coming weeks. To get to Andy Lipperts point were not looking for any handouts just simply seeking advice from those who have done similar trips in the past. Thanks again for all the comments.
BigD

Post by BigD »

Uncle Kindu.....
jg

Post by jg »

Join some local sites down in that area and see if you can find someone that will let you stay with them while your there. A lot of fisherman will let you use a garage with a couple cots. You can also research parks and camp grounds. Sleep on a cot under a tarp. Start saving up food stuffs you can make on the road now so your not worried about food on the road. If you start now all you should have to save for is your fuel expenses.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Congratulations, and good luck!
Listen to Chad Sweitzer. He has his head screwed on right.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

You can probably do that trip on $1500 or so. Sleep in a tent and make your lunch. It will be so much more rewarding in the end if you do it all on your own. You don't need more tackle or amenities. Go down there and kick there butt doing what you guys do. Keep it simple and it will happen.
bryanmc

Post by bryanmc »

Plan on 2 days (at least) driving each way. I-40 is just under 2000 miles and I-10 to I-20 is just over 2000 miles but it's a lot flatter than I-40. At least once you get into Texas your fuel will be a lot cheaper. You might want to check the LA forum on BBC to see if someone in the area can rent you some garage space for a few nights.
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

BJ, check your PMs. I sent you a link to a Louisiana fishing forum
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"