Clear Lake Levels ?

StogieMan

Clear Lake Levels ?

Post by StogieMan »

with all the rain we have had the last few weeks has it been enough to raise the water level at Clear Lake?
I know the reference is with the "Rumsey riffel" but to be honest I have never really understood that measurement.
So for those that know, is the lake at average, above average??
DanIsaac

Re: Clear Lake Levels ?

Post by DanIsaac »

Quick answer...not really, but it browned it up pretty bad. Lake is down 3.5tfeet from full pool.
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

it’s at 3.85 rumsey “ a few minutes ago ‘ when I checked the website ‘ full is around 7.45 rumsey, it’s doubtful that we are gonna get enough to fill it up ?, all launch ramps are useable “ now ‘ by September ‘that may change’ when the level went over 3.2 ‘ Yolo county has the water rights to pull there share of water out ! think it would of been better if it stayed under 3.2 ?......
G-Ko

Post by G-Ko »

The rights for Yolo County are as follows:

" This complex operation schedule in brief says if Clear Lake fills to 7.56' by May 1, Yolo gets 150,000 acre-feet. If the lake reaches 3.22' or less Yolo gets no water, with corresponding amounts in between. (This "Solano Decree" provides that more water is left in Clear Lake. When the lake starts full, the October 31 level must be above 1.25' Rumsey instead of zero.) "

Therefore since the lake level was above 2.5 they get their water this year....

Hoping we get some more rain to raise the level some more.....
Contact me at Kosich & Callahan Insurance for a free quote for home, auto, boat, or Business Insurance.

GKosich@Kosich.com
925-284-3911
Devon8604

Post by Devon8604 »

I've been watching the Rumsey level reports the last 5 days and I'm shocked the water levels haven't gone up faster. It almost looks like they're releasing water at the same time. Is the local community afraid of what happened last year? Or are they trying to keep the water level low so peopler can repair their retaining walls?