Ranger z118 question

bassman97504

Ranger z118 question

Post by bassman97504 »

I just picked up a 2012 Ranger Z118 and I have a few questions I was hoping someone could help with.

What does the acc button on the bow do? And why does it allow you to push it down in both directions? It doesn’t seem to do anything when I push it up or down.

The little led lights that light up the compartments work in the center compartment, but not in the port locker or the starboard compartment. Anyone know what may cause this?

It has a 150 Evinrude Etec HO, should I run premium gas in it and should I use an ethanol treatment additive (if yes what brand is recommended).
Last edited by bassman97504 on Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
TonyM

Re: Ranger z118 question

Post by TonyM »

Cant help you with the Ranger questions, but I started running Evinrude 2+4 Fuel Conditioner in my ETEC several years ago upon the recommendation of my mechanic. I dont fish much in winter. No issues, even after gas sits for months.
Last edited by TonyM on Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
medfish

Post by medfish »

Acc on the front is an accessory switch from the factory it's left "open" doesn't do anything, unless you choose to use it. Lights may be burnt out or fuse burnt Make sure your getting power to them. Then again open and hit the acc switch. Wouldn't that be funny
monte300

Post by monte300 »

bassman97504 wrote:I just picked up a 2012 Ranger Z118 and I have a few questions I was hoping someone could help with.

What does the acc button on the bow do? And why does it allow you to push it down in both directions? It doesn’t seem to do anything when I push it up or down.

The little led lights that light up the compartments work in the center compartment, but not in the port locker or the starboard compartment. Anyone know what may cause this?

It has a 150 Evinride Etec HO, should I run premium gas in it and should I use an ethanol treatment additive (if yes what brand is recommended).
The boys at Boatmasters tell me that as gas continues to change our outboards run hotter and hotter. We can help that cause by running the very best premium fuel we can find. I use ethanol treatment religiously as it's a small price to pay for extra insurance on our expensive engines. I only use my boat 8 months a year and before it goes into storage I completely fill up the 44 gallon gas tank and add Sta-bil stabilizer. I'm not real thrilled about the way my boat performs with a full tank and a couple of lard butts like me and my buddy. :mrgreen: My Triton and 175 Evinrude Ficht are 18 years old and I have never had a fuel related problem, knock on wood.
Last edited by monte300 on Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
crawdaddy

Post by crawdaddy »

I run a Z119c that is a 2013 bought in 2012 and I have been extremely unsatisfied with the rigging and general quality of my boat. It is flat and has a wide front deck which I like and therefor I tolerate the rough ride that the fishability produces. I cannot overlook the fact that the riveted hinges have almost all broken on my hatches and I had to use stainless steel screws to fix. They installed Perko latches for 2 hatches that were not long enough to secure the hatches. The buttons for the livewell and lights on the console stick terribly and I have to push them several times to get them to turn off. The HotFoot sticks and I have to pull it back manually with my foot, impossible to do with flip flops or sandals. My 36 volt system was wired wrong and my TM caused horrible electrolysis that pitted the housing on my TM and completely trashed my sacrificial anode. I responded with a detailed list of my issues to Ranger and never heard a word from a representative. All that being said the boat has a little luck to it since I have never done as well in tournaments as I have since owning it so I take the bad with the good.
I would rather jog home from my own Vasectomy than spend Saturday at the mall.