The Jerkbait Bite is On

ttb31183

The Jerkbait Bite is On

Post by ttb31183 »

It has a been a slow spring for me fishing wise around Spokane. I normally have had many successful trips by now, but the weather seems to be taking a little longer to warm up this year. Our last tournament was a blank-fest as not a single bass was caught.

I am now starting to catch a few on jerkbaits though and it is hard to beat this time of year. I'm throwing the Ima Flit 120 mostly in three colors depending on water clarity. Wakasagi for clear, Table Rock Shad for off-colored and the Green Perch for basically any water clarity. It is a good color for clear water but has tons of flash to draw fish in in stained water. I don't know if that is the perfect approach, but it is working for me.

The water in area lakes is between 40-45 so it is prime for jerkbaits and should only get better as it starts to warm up some. I still haven't made it out to Long Lake, which is one of my favorite places to throw a jerkbait for big smallmouth. Hopefully, in the next few weeks I will have some pics of giant smallmouth to share.

Tyler Brinks