Delta water clearity

FISHLIP WASHINTON

Delta water clearity

Post by FISHLIP WASHINTON »

Anyone been out and how is the water muddy?
2013 RANGER.
185vsfrog

Re: Delta water clearity

Post by 185vsfrog »

Yeah water is muddy depending where you are. Water being released upstream from different locations has everything to do with it. Last sat water stayed high most of the day due to runoff.
FISHLIP WASHINTON

Thanks
2013 RANGER.
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

I was out there yesterday and the water appeared to be 50% clearer then it was a week ago. Looked pretty good to me. Going back out tomorrow so I hope one day didn't change things.
FISHLIP WASHINTON

Want to hit delta but didn’t know if it was blown out.. but after hearing its clearing up don’t know if I should hit berryessa or delta
2013 RANGER.
Synwyn

Post by Synwyn »

I hit Berryessa this weekend. Channels were chocolate milk, but the main lake had great clarity. Crushed em for most of the day, though not much size. Biggest was a 3ish lb smally.
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

I had one of my best days ever on the delta Monday. I didn't catch more then a dozen or so fish but I caught a 9.5#, 7#, and a 6.5# plus a couple 3's. No bed fish. My fish were clean so I doubt if many fish have even tried to spawn yet.
Mark-C

Post by Mark-C »

My vote is for the Delta! I was out today and had 23lbs on senkos and vibrating jigs. Mokelumne was very dirty but once you get to the the San Joaquin it was fine. I fished Old river outside Franks, near Mandeville and near Holland Tract. At times the water too clear for my liking. Good Luck.
Bassfishman

Post by Bassfishman »

I was out yesterday (4/11/2018) in the Franks Tract area. It wasnt that bad. I'd say 1-2 feet of visibility, maybe more. You really couldnt see the beds though other than maybe a lighter color on the bottom. I couldnt see fish on beds though.

It was a tough day. One small male fish and 4 dinks.
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

I went out yesterday and it was a little dirtier than it was on Monday. Fishing was tougher then it had been.
FISHLIP WASHINTON

Well hitting berryessa wednesday.. hopefully water isnt to chocolate
2013 RANGER.