clear lake

Bass boy dave

clear lake

Post by Bass boy dave »

taking my boys up to clear lake for the weekend. I haven't been in two years. any help would be nice just like to see them get a few fish. thanks wb
DDG

Re: clear lake

Post by DDG »

Bass boy dave wrote:taking my boys up to clear lake for the weekend. I haven't been in two years. any help would be nice just like to see them get a few fish. thanks wb
Lake port docks, senko and drop shot.
jc10

Post by jc10 »

I was out there about a week ago and I caught some 4 pounders on a wacky rigged senko. Green pumpkin with black/purple flake. Seemed to be the only lure I could catch them on.

Good luck hope your boys get on the fish!
NG

Post by NG »

I recommend a Roadrunner type head in 1/16 to 1/8 oz with a small minnow imitation soft plastic or swimbait. Your boys will likely get a few bass here and there but get lots of bites from crappies. They would have a blast, plus you will be surprised that a big ole bass may eat that little bait. Broke one off at the boat that weighed in the teens last year on 4 lb test.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

NG wrote:I recommend a Roadrunner type head in 1/16 to 1/8 oz with a small minnow imitation soft plastic or swimbait. Your boys will likely get a few bass here and there but get lots of bites from crappies. They would have a blast, plus you will be surprised that a big ole bass may eat that little bait. Broke one off at the boat that weighed in the teens last year on 4 lb test.
Agreed the Crappie are thick around the deeper docks - Kona Taee and such
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/