Delta trip 4/28

2nd Basshole

Delta trip 4/28

Post by 2nd Basshole »

Launched out of rivers end, around 6:15, headed towards Victoria slough to get to the backside of Coney Island to a big flat. Started on the outside edge around the opening into the flat with a Plopper Flopper. With no takers picked up my Snag proof root beer brown frog, and on the 3rd cast, had a taker 2.5 lbs. That was it as the tide slacked! Did have an otter come out to play with my frog, and I had to jerk it away multiple times. Someone must have been feeding it, for it seemed friendly or over curious. I played around the area and found fish on the graph but nothing could entice. I headed over to where Italian slough hits old river, a big flat area (Widdows Isalnd). Started on the outside, near the opening, threw all my typical plastics with no takers. I decided to switch to a crank bait (Storm wiggle wart V37 craw color) and threw into the opening, bam 4 fish in 4 cast, biggest two around 2lbs. I knew I was on to something, then a boat wanted to pass through the opening, so I waived him by. I stepped back on the trolling motor pedal and nothing. After checking fuses and breakers, I realized my day was done at 10:00 and headed back to the marina. I felt good that I was able to find something they would bite on and to get a frog fish in April was my highlight of the morning.
Thanks Western Bass for I found a killer deal on a replacement trolling motor in the classifieds, and am ready to go on my next adventure.
Dennis
th365thli

Re: Delta trip 4/28

Post by th365thli »

How windy was it down there? I launched out of Russo's into Frank's Tract and it was cold and windy. No fish, only a couple bites. I'm thinking about trying the south Delta next time.
Levy

Post by Levy »

th365thli wrote:How windy was it down there? I launched out of Russo's into Frank's Tract and it was cold and windy. No fish, only a couple bites. I'm thinking about trying the south Delta next time.
Windy as hell lately in the south!
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Nice to hear on the Classifieds Dennis!
Thanks for the support.