Boat Stolen on the Delta

Noluk

Boat Stolen on the Delta

Post by Noluk »

Phoenix 921 phx1.jpg
This is a photo of my new boat which was stolen from B&W Resort on Friday morning. It was taken early Friday morning on a trailer belonging to a different boat from Isleton. If you saw this boat anywhere this weekend please contact the Sacramento County Sheriffs Department. I don't think there are many that look quite like it. Phoenix 921 PHX with blue powerpoles. It was last seen on a mismatched trailer from a Larsen.
Otay Michael

Re: Boat Stolen on the Delta

Post by Otay Michael »

Prayers sent they get caught.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

RB BASS posted this on Facebook, I and a couple of others re-posted/shared. Hope it helps get your boat back. You said it was seen on a Larsen trailer? Was the boat in the water (docked or in a slip) when it was stolen?
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
Noluk

Post by Noluk »

The boat was in the water at B&W. My trailer was in the lot with a lock on it. They used a Larsen trailer that belonged to someone else staying in the water at B&W. We actually did not find out the Larsen trailer was stolen until the end of the day when that owner found it was gone.
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

That really sucks! Hope you get it back before they get a chance to strip it. I assume it was insured, but still...it's a pain in the *** waiting for everything to get processed. Not to mention replacing everything in the boat.
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
jimmyG

Post by jimmyG »

So many incidents occur at B&W they should get cameras installed. Could help.
scubaman

Post by scubaman »

Bummer dude.....I saw you pulling your empty trailer down the 5 Sunday morning ..I was thinking oh that is not good.!!
SpookFreak

Post by SpookFreak »

Hopefully they didn't cross the border into Mexico.
FISHLIP WASHINTON

Post by FISHLIP WASHINTON »

So many inncedents at B&W i think we should launch at another place that takes time to make sure are boats trailers trucks are safe.. i understand that this means raising price to launch but, i would rather pay more to launch knowing my equipment is safe. Bad people out there always trying to get over on someone who works and pays what they have. Hope you get boat back and most of all hope they catch them and throw them in jail

ps Camras will be a deturent but they are always to grainy and usually cant see anything
2013 RANGER.
Ifishalot

Post by Ifishalot »

DIRTBAGS!
Gaucho

Post by Gaucho »

Hopefully they didn't cross the county border into Santa Clarita.
JJ

Post by JJ »

Gaucho wrote:Hopefully they didn't cross the county border into Santa Clarita.
Explain?
SpookFreak

Post by SpookFreak »

Since a lot of us have quite the investment in our toys it might be time for some kind of
Lojack or other GPS tracking system.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

jimmyG wrote:So many incidents occur at B&W they should get cameras installed. Could help.
Exactly!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

That's crazy! I always figured that place was safer because of the guy always rolling around in the golf cart... but I guess this happened prior to him starting his day. So the boat was tied to the dock in the water overnight? We you in a cabin or something?
So they stole someone else's trailer and pulled your boat out of the water and drove off... damn... that's crazy!

We got eyes out there... hope for the best man..
~ Thanks for the support ~
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
The Rod Glove http://vrxfishing.com/
scottsweet

Post by scottsweet »

FISHLIP WASHINTON wrote:So many inncedents at B&W i think we should launch at another place that takes time to make sure are boats trailers trucks are safe.. i understand that this means raising price to launch but, i would rather pay more to launch knowing my equipment is safe. Bad people out there always trying to get over on someone who works and pays what they have. Hope you get boat back and most of all hope they catch them and throw them in jail

ps Camras will be a deturent but they are always to grainy and usually cant see anything
They already have cameras. This guy worked around them. They have footage of the guy moving the boat to the trailer and driving away...but because it was dark and some good avoidance techniques, they can't ID anyone specifically.
Scott Sweet

www.teamccmarine.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.humminbird.com
www.minnkotamotors.com
www.lews.com
www.phenixrods.com
www.odysseybattery.com
www.simmsfishing.com
www.peregrine250.com
FISHLIP WASHINTON

Thats why i say camras are a waste, dont want pix of guy driving away with my stuff that makes it worst for me. I always see guy on golf cart always driving around he even helped me launch my boat when i was by myself. As a whole we all need to watch out for everyones stuff.. ask questions and keep eye out for people acting strange.. my 2 cents
2013 RANGER.
Never satisfied

Post by Never satisfied »

This one was dumped by one of my ranches. Hope it's not yours.
5913E617.jpg
D069A0EF.jpg
SilverbackDad

Post by SilverbackDad »

The graphics on the back look extremely similar :(
scubaman

Post by scubaman »

The VIN plate is right on the aft that is still not burnt...these guys obviously knew what to do..strip it, burn the evidence . Definitely a Phoenix. This sucks to see....
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

I hope someone called this in to authorities......?
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
Noluk

Post by Noluk »

OMG I thought I was prepared for the worst but I feel worse than I thought possible. That does look like it and there were not many similar. Please PM me the location or contact the Sacramento Sherrifs department.
Never satisfied

My guys are gone for the day but a friend of mine lives close by. I sent him to go look for the vin. Once I hear from him I'll let you know.
BigBassDaddy1190

Post by BigBassDaddy1190 »

Never satisfied wrote:My guys are gone for the day but a friend of mine lives close by. I sent him to go look for the vin. Once I hear from him I'll let you know.
Surely you phoned this in to the police?

Those pictures are pretty spot on. Sucks to have to go through something like that. Hope you get everything worked out OP
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

What county was that boat found in
monte300

Post by monte300 »

This sickens me, there's always some scumbag taking advantage of the honest guy that works hard for his stuff. I feel for ya, brother
Never satisfied

We were able to confirm that it is indeed his boat. The authorities were called and the remains have been picked up.

The boat was found in Stanislaus County, 1 HR away from b&w.

These guys move fast, here is another incident that happened close by.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mymoth ... t.html/amp
Yzken250x

Post by Yzken250x »

I drive by there everyday for work. I have stopped in there a few times at 2:30am to use the restroom and there are people launching their boats at that time. No one is around at that time. Maybe a security guard is needed.

I live in Lodi and the other day I had my boat parked on the side of my house. My garage is behind my house. A lady knocked on my door asking my wife if my bass boat was for sale and that her husband who was sitting in the truck was interested in it. Sounds kind of shady to me so now it's in the garage locked up tight.
Sorry for your lose
micropterus

Post by micropterus »

I’ve been here (B&W) since Sunday afternoon. Yesterday I had just pulled my boat out of the water and was wiping it down. A guy was backing his rig down the ramp to launch. Got out of his truck and I said ‘Nice Boat!’. It was a brand new Ranger Comanche 521. He asked me if I was going to be there for a few minutes. He was going to bring his truck/trailer over to the resort. I said I would be up on the grass putting things away. I thought that was an unusual request, then I saw this thread last night which explains his concern.
Phoenix owner, start monitoring Craigslist for your bass boat parts. Contact authorities if you see anything suspicious. People like this make mistakes eventually.
Have some fun out there .... Enjoy that time on the water !!
Spanky211

Post by Spanky211 »

From a person who's been in your shoes. Move on don't let it consume you. It's a process but, Let the insurance do there job...

Time heals, trust me.
BandW

Post by BandW »

On behalf of B&W I would like to say that we are very disturbed by this theft. We are constantly trying to keep these thieves away. We do have several cameras that show the thieves in action. Unfortunately without a license plate law enforcement can not do much especially when the thieves immediately took the stolen boat and trailer across the county line. Even if we caught the license plate odds are that the vehicle was also stolen. In case these thieves are still using the same vehicle I have attached photos for all of you to keep an eye out for.
Attachments
Boat Stolen from B&W.jpg
nate50

Post by nate50 »

I launch at b&w a lot, this totally sucks!!! Is it possible to position a camera to see license plates as they are backing in? Maybe attached to the backside of the docks or attached to the trees in front some how. Anything that would make these scumbags think twice I’m all for.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Thanks for the reply BrandW. It is a shame that crooks like these have found B&W as a source for potential theft. It is ENCOURAGING to know that you are working actively with Law Enforcement and sharing the information throughout the community. As a community we can police ourselves as well and be ever vigilant in seeing something out of the ordinary like a tracker trailer pickup up a phenix boat -

I know that B&W will make great efforts to help keep this element out of their marina and will help to the best extent that I can.

-Ash
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Pat

Post by Pat »

What a sad situation, i know you are heart broken. I remember when Cooch's boat was stolen and the stripped hull was found.

Does anyone have ideas on how to secure a boat when leaving it in a slip over night? I know thieves will get it if they really want it. But something that slows them down or would cause them to make noise might discourage them and send them somewhere else.

Pat
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

a pit bull’ that will sleep in the boat at night would be a shocker” for those scumbags !....
FISHLIP WASHINTON

The camras at B&W need to be moved so they get your license plate when loading and unloading boats .(the car probably stolen also)
We live with a bunch of people who will do anything for money except work like most of us do.. easier to steal or ask for change than to get up every day and work pay taxes and bills

My 2 cents
2013 RANGER.
RReynolds

Post by RReynolds »

I was in the next slip to this stolen boat with my z20. Lucky I guess they did not take mine. Some locals stated that they saw this truck hanging around the parking lot for about an hour prior to the theft, I talked with this boats owner and my heart goes out to him. The docks are really dark and staying in the cabins you really cannot see the dock well enough at nights. With only one way to walk onto the docks I would suggest at least a bright light at thr entrance and a camera at that location. Some of the slips have a rail at the bow, take a cable around thr rail a padlock your eye, it may not stop them but might delay them and make some noise, just a thought
micropterus

Post by micropterus »

https://www.marinasecurities.com/about-us

Located in the San Francisco Bay Area
Have some fun out there .... Enjoy that time on the water !!
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

Although I have only launched out of B&W a few times, I can tell you that they are not the only Delta marina that has had high dollar bass boat thefts.... they just did not make it to Westernbass with the end result of a torched boat making the thread. Parked boats in covered slips have been towed out into the night and been stripped and left in the tules. From what I can see, the security measures at B&W far exceed what most Delta marinas have in place. Unfortunately this is a cruel fricking world and if you proceed to leave a $70k boat tethered in a slip you do so at your own risk.......