Old school flat rubber

jiggin4bass

Old school flat rubber

Post by jiggin4bass »

I just got samples of the flat rubber in med and heavy grade flat rubber
The Old School PUFFBALL JIG is going too Live Again.
Just tied them up and all's can say is WOW. There back.
jiggin4bass

Re: Old school flat rubber

Post by jiggin4bass »

With the colors they make in flat rubber
And all the silicone colors available along
with all the flashabou aand bucktail that can be used as accent colors there going to be no end that what i can build.
Sorry im (Retired)
MT

Post by MT »

So is it the same as the old stuff? The pictures I've seen leave me wondering....
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Yes it tie just like the rubber of the 80s i like both the med and heavy grade im also going to order the fine grade also with the many different colors of silicone and flashabou colors the action of the flat rubber will out preform the round rubber skirting material. The round rubber make great jig skirts ill still use it but the flat rubber for finesse jig is going to work well.
MT

Post by MT »

Thanks for the response. Will have to try some.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Your welcome. Also the flat rubber skirting material will make great flipping jig skirts.
Also the skirting material makes great mop jigs we made them back in the 80s and used Big Daddy uncle josh pork ( rabbit ears) they made the best large profile jigs ever. The mop jigs 7" skirts 3/4oz arkie head and i use 6/0 light wire hooks i still have the mold and now i use black nickel light wire mustads with all the big jig trailers now on the market its going to be easy too match up jigs with trailers.
Caudawg

Post by Caudawg »

I remember the days when Frank Hauk came out with the flat rubber. he had a lock on that market for years.
John Caulfield
Big Rock Sports- Territory Sales Manager (Norcal)
Freelance Outdoor Writer
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Caudawg you are 100% correct he got me started. He had the best flat rubber ever. Now its back i can build old school jigs again with silicone accent or flashabou accent colors. Im not going to reopen my business again but i am going to build what i want the way it use to be with the flat rubber in finesse patterns it will out preform other skirting material in the water with all the trailer you can add to them today. They also have 3 different grade each is even better.