GPS or Where is LOST SLOUGH

ash
SpeedBump

GPS or Where is LOST SLOUGH

Post by ash »

Can anyone please send me the GPS coordinates or a reference on where Lost Slough is?

I know, I know everywhere i go on the Delta I am LOST in. :roll:
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Cooch

Re: GPS or Where is LOST SLOUGH

Post by Cooch »

There are two routes, but don't get confused as many folks do by ending up in the Consumnes at I5, Lost slough is above that. If you go straight up the South fork of the Mokelumne, from Tower Park, you will need to veer left towards the North Mokelumne and go up above Locke to LOST Slough. If you pass Whimpy's AND New Hope, yer heading to the Consumnes. The other option is to take the North Fork out of B&W and follow it all the way up to Lost Slough. There's an intersection there that is really confusing if'n yer not familure with the area.

I don't know the coordinates, but the towns of Locke, Thorton and Twin Cities Rd, will triangle triangle Lost Slough for you.
kopper_bass

Post by kopper_bass »

HawgHunter,
Cooch is right on - as always.
Looking at the map i would guess the coordinates as follows:
131.28.00 longitude
38.18.00 lattitude

Fish On,

Kopper_Bass
Nobody remembers who came in 2nd place. Fish Hard - Play Hard!
kopper_bass

Post by kopper_bass »

HawgHunter,
Cooch is right on - as always.
Looking at the map i would guess the coordinates as follows:
131.28.00 longitude
38.18.00 lattitude

Fish On,

Kopper_Bass
Nobody remembers who came in 2nd place. Fish Hard - Play Hard!
Slippy

Post by Slippy »

i guess thats why they call it "Lost Slough"... sorry couldent resist.
LL
Dan McKenzie

Post by Dan McKenzie »

you should be asking directions to Pilot Slough, there aren't any good fish in Lost Slough.
bassrippin365

Post by bassrippin365 »

Where is pilot slough?Does cooch or anybody know?
JT-Madera

Post by JT-Madera »

Pilot Slough is where ya see all the airplanes landing :lol:

Sorry,,,hehe I asked that question on here one day and that is the answer they gave me :lol:

JT
Sacto John

Post by Sacto John »

Hey Zippers if ya need a back seater to show you the way let me know. I have been there many times and it can be a little confusing finding the way.
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

this should be it if the fish-n-map is correct and if I read cooches directions correctly

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q ... iwloc=addr

38.268039 -121.485529
"I'll just drop it on their head, and then rip their lips off with a TV hookset..." <i>unnamed angler when discussing how he fishes a jig</i>
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

Zippers,

Sactojohn already gave you the backseat alternative for directions,
so I will just remind you folks that they made alot of that area a 5mph zone some years back and it is not clearly marked. :shock: :shock:
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
NaCl

Post by NaCl »

That's a LONG 5mph zone and the fishing just isn't that great. I've fished up there many times, all the way to the I-5 bridge and caught lots of small fish. Also caught catfish, crappie and small stripers. Its one of those places that "Looks Great" but as far as livewells are concerned, it's "Less Filling"! Also, don't be tempted to get on pad because there's nobody around in Lost Slough. There are a few dead trees and big limbs laying just below the surface in the middle in some places.

Good luck if you go!

BTW - the nearest lauch ramp is Whimpy's but you better use a buddy's old beat up truck to launch. Leave it unlocked so they don't have to break the window to get in. They've had some theft problems. Also, the current screams through this ramp so you better be good at trailering your boat in a strong "cross breeze".

.....NaCl
fishwithron2

Post by fishwithron2 »

Don't use Wimpy's ramp as it uneven and hard to load back om with the current. Go next door to New Hope, same price and better ramp with a long dock to tie up.
Becareful in that 5 mph zone as there were 2 ( two ) sheriff boat back there last week. If they see any white water behind you, they'll tag you for too fast.
MikeMoisel

Post by MikeMoisel »

That's what I thought at first too. But, there are good fish in Lost Slough. The first few times I went I was only catchin' lil perch. I was about to give up. Then I caught a few small catfish and a lil black bass. Then the catfish started getting bigger and more frequent. I cought quite a few nice size catfish...Fatties. Then one day I had a big one on. It was a fighter...worked on the ol' elbow a bit...It was a striper! I think the weight and lenth I got when I measured it was 33.5 inches and 14.5 pounds! I wanna say 35 inches and 15 lbs but you know how after a while of tellin' a story the size gets rounded up and a lil bigger than it really was. :D
Dan McKenzie wrote:you should be asking directions to Pilot Slough, there aren't any good fish in Lost Slough.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Wow brother this thread is 11 years old and I still aint ever been to Lost Slough :D Good to go through some of the comments from back in that time. I think this was the first or second year I had my boat after i moved up here from So Cal.

...and then one day you find, ten years have got behind you
no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.... - Time Pink Floyd
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/