One Good One and a Big One

ttb31183

One Good One and a Big One

Post by ttb31183 »

What do you consider a big fish? I know it depends on where you live and also your skill and experience, but for me, a four-pound smallmouth is a good one and a five plus is a big one. I'd say for largemouth, one over five is a good one and six plus is a big one.

I made it out to Long Lake again yesterday and was able to catch what I consider a good smallmouth. A solid four pounder while playing with the ima Glide Fluke. It has a great action and really acts like a soft fluke, but does have some glide bait action as well.

Then we went fishing for largemouth and I caught what I consider a big one, a 6lbs 13oz fish that fell for a jig. It had me wrapped around the dock piling but came in with no problem besides scaring me to death while I saw it thrashing behind the piling and rubbing my 20lb Seaguar Flippin' fluorocarbon. It held up fine and the fish was quickly in hand.

I also did quite a bit of mapping as you can see here. If you are planning a trip to Long Lake, this is the bulk of where I fished. The Navionics data is processing currently but the updated map should be available very soon.

Tyler Brinks
Topwater All Day

Re: One Good One and a Big One

Post by Topwater All Day »

Those are both really nice fish...love the color on the Smallie!!! How many months of the year are you able to fish lakes like that one up there? I've fished the Columbia a few times in the Summer and the Smallmouth there are amazing!

Thanks for sharing!
Rob Ridge
Folsom Bass Team
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Smallies and spots 3.5-4 lbers are good fish 5lb+ big fish (we are spoiled most places call these trophies)

Largies - 4-6 lbs is a solid fish 6 - 9.15 Good Fish, 10+ BIG fish - Teener - Trophy - well i haven't quite popped that one, but have come close

It's all good and changes as our skills change and experience changes set goals break the ceiling and set more.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
ttb31183

Post by ttb31183 »

Topwater All Day wrote:Those are both really nice fish...love the color on the Smallie!!! How many months of the year are you able to fish lakes like that one up there? I've fished the Columbia a few times in the Summer and the Smallmouth there are amazing!

Thanks for sharing!
I fish March to early December for bass with the prime months being April-June and Oct and November. Mid Dec until late March is really cold and many of the lakes are frozen. I switch to walleye fishing and shoveling snow then.
Tyler Brinks