Nitro vs Ranger

Joseph Salois

Nitro vs Ranger

Post by Joseph Salois »

Gang
Question for you. I am going to look at two bass boats this weekend one is a 1994 Ranger 361v Cammanche with a Mercury 150XRi that looks as good as it did on the day it rolled off the showroom floor and has had quite a few upgrades and been treated with kid gloves and has all the bell and whistles. The other is a 2010 Nitro X5 Tournament series with a Mercury 90HP with upgraded Fish finders (I think). I think I can get either one for about $9K. What are your thoughts?
basshol

Re: Nitro vs Ranger

Post by basshol »

I is 8 years old the other is 24 years old . So you have to consider the wiring. But rangers are built with higher quality hardware..the nitro has a 1 piece hull. I have a z8 and it will out ride a ranger in ruff water.
DDG

Post by DDG »

Joseph Salois wrote:Gang
Question for you. I am going to look at two bass boats this weekend one is a 1994 Ranger 361v Cammanche with a Mercury 150XRi that looks as good as it did on the day it rolled off the showroom floor and has had quite a few upgrades and been treated with kid gloves and has all the bell and whistles. The other is a 2010 Nitro X5 Tournament series with a Mercury 90HP with upgraded Fish finders (I think). I think I can get either one for about $9K. What are your thoughts?

im not an expert, but ive been looking recently as well. If you are gonna fish tournaments, i think the ranger is the better move to hold up in rougher water.
Larry Hemphill

Resale!

Post by Larry Hemphill »

I have said this before on the forum. I have sold many of my Ranger boats and they sell fast. Many will not bother to look at a used boat unless it is a Ranger. The last one I sold went in 5 hours after it hit the wb.com classified page. I had cash deposit in my hand, and he lived about 50 miles away. He must drive fast!! I don't know your situation but I do know about resale and the reputation that Ranger holds.
basshol

Post by basshol »

If your going to fish tournaments I would take the ranger only because of the horsepower.
Dek

Post by Dek »

I really think that Nitro is your best bet. Can you PM me the number for the guy with the Ranger :D
monte300

Post by monte300 »

With one boat having a 150 and the other a 90 you aren’t really comparing apples
drdetroit3

Post by drdetroit3 »

Just listed my 1995 Ranger on used classified!!!
$9,000