Help with registering a boat

TRIXGOTAFISH

Help with registering a boat

Post by TRIXGOTAFISH »

I have some specific DMV related questions for anyone that's good with or has experience with this kinda stuff.

Please pm if you think you can help.

Basically boat a "new" boat that was sold by a guy that won it in a tournament.

He never registered it but has all the paperwork from the dealer where he ordered it from and is sending it to me.

My bank is processing the loan for me and is handling the title portion i believe but how do i go about getting it registered so i can get tags and get her on the water ASAP???

Thanks
hydro

Re: Help with registering a boat

Post by hydro »

Can you have it shipped from the original dealer to a dealer in California where you can pick it up and they will know what to do or just call DMV and ask them what they will require?
TRIXGOTAFISH

Post by TRIXGOTAFISH »

hydro wrote:Can you have it shipped from the original dealer to a dealer in California where you can pick it up and they will know what to do or just call DMV and ask them what they will require?
It came from a dealer in Ca.

I'll give them a call
D

Post by D »

Yea I purchased a prize boat many years ago, the guy had all the paperwork so I made an appointment with DMV had to drag the boat there. It took about a half hour they wanted to compare numbers MSO statement and it was done and ready to pull to the lake.
TRIXGOTAFISH

Post by TRIXGOTAFISH »

D wrote:Yea I purchased a prize boat many years ago, the guy had all the paperwork so I made an appointment with DMV had to drag the boat there. It took about a half hour they wanted to compare numbers MSO statement and it was done and ready to pull to the lake.
Thanks for sharing!

I got all the MSO paperwork from the seller and i made an appointment at DMV for Wednesday but the only place i could find is in Petaluma so i have to haul the boat all the way from Fremont!

I'll bring the bill of sale and all paperwork i can find just in case.