Daiwa Lexa HD?

Moderators: MKA, Mike M, Caudawg, ash

DayzDynastyfishing
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:42 pm

Daiwa Lexa HD?

Postby DayzDynastyfishing » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:50 am

Any of you guys use the Lexa HD for swimbaits? Interested in getting one.

Steve L
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Daiwa Lexa HD?

Postby Steve L » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:30 pm

Don't bother. I have two that I sent to Daiwa for some answers. The problem; the reel will sometimes engage in mid-cast. Of course, when this happens, it's easy to break off expensive swimbaits. Daiwa neither fixed the problem or gave any answer to remedy the problem. They were aware of the issues and told me, it is something that just happens. They returned the reels back to me. I took them to the water and promptly snapped off a Triple Trout. They're in my garage and you can have them. On a positive note, the Tatula reels are pretty good.

DayzDynastyfishing
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: Daiwa Lexa HD?

Postby DayzDynastyfishing » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:41 pm

Steve L wrote:Don't bother. I have two that I sent to Daiwa for some answers. The problem; the reel will sometimes engage in mid-cast. Of course, when this happens, it's easy to break off expensive swimbaits. Daiwa neither fixed the problem or gave any answer to remedy the problem. They were aware of the issues and told me, it is something that just happens. They returned the reels back to me. I took them to the water and promptly snapped off a Triple Trout. They're in my garage and you can have them. On a positive note, the Tatula reels are pretty good.

Thanks for the response.. What model tatula do you use? Still looking for a good reel for glidebaits

chubasco2
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 12:45 pm

Re: Daiwa Lexa HD?

Postby chubasco2 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:00 am

I'll take those 400's Steve. Dead serious, pm me some info if you want to get rid of them

DayzDynastyfishing
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: Daiwa Lexa HD?

Postby DayzDynastyfishing » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:04 pm

chubasco2 wrote:I'll take those 400's Steve. Dead serious, pm me some info if you want to get rid of them

Ha

User avatar
bassindon69
Posts: 1466
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 12:37 am
Location: Dos Palos Ca.

Re: Daiwa Lexa HD?

Postby bassindon69 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:25 pm

DayzDynastyfishing wrote:Any of you guys use the Lexa HD for swimbaits? Interested in getting one.

Use it all the time. No issues. Here it is with a WINN handle. I also still use the OG 300 HS. Tatula HD 200 and 100. Have fun!

FeatherRivGuy
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:12 pm

Re: Daiwa Lexa HD?

Postby FeatherRivGuy » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:24 am

I’ve hooked small striper up to 10#’s and had no problems on King salmon this year with mine. 300WN.

mark poulson
Posts: 9009
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 4:16 am
Location: Oakley, Ca.

Re: Daiwa Lexa HD?

Postby mark poulson » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:58 am

bassindon69 wrote:
DayzDynastyfishing wrote:Any of you guys use the Lexa HD for swimbaits? Interested in getting one.

Use it all the time. No issues. Here it is with a WINN handle. I also still use the OG 300 HS. Tatula HD 200 and 100. Have fun!


Nice fish!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY

User avatar
DanIsaac
Posts: 1938
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:25 pm

Re: Daiwa Lexa HD?

Postby DanIsaac » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:28 pm

DayzDynastyfishing wrote:
Steve L wrote:Don't bother. I have two that I sent to Daiwa for some answers. The problem; the reel will sometimes engage in mid-cast. Of course, when this happens, it's easy to break off expensive swimbaits. Daiwa neither fixed the problem or gave any answer to remedy the problem. They were aware of the issues and told me, it is something that just happens. They returned the reels back to me. I took them to the water and promptly snapped off a Triple Trout. They're in my garage and you can have them. On a positive note, the Tatula reels are pretty good.

Thanks for the response.. What model tatula do you use? Still looking for a good reel for glidebaits


Tranx 300... Bullet proof.
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com

mark poulson
Posts: 9009
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 4:16 am
Location: Oakley, Ca.

Re: Daiwa Lexa HD?

Postby mark poulson » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:03 am

DanIsaac wrote:
DayzDynastyfishing wrote:
Steve L wrote:Don't bother. I have two that I sent to Daiwa for some answers. The problem; the reel will sometimes engage in mid-cast. Of course, when this happens, it's easy to break off expensive swimbaits. Daiwa neither fixed the problem or gave any answer to remedy the problem. They were aware of the issues and told me, it is something that just happens. They returned the reels back to me. I took them to the water and promptly snapped off a Triple Trout. They're in my garage and you can have them. On a positive note, the Tatula reels are pretty good.

Thanks for the response.. What model tatula do you use? Still looking for a good reel for glidebaits


Tranx 300... Bullet proof.

Dan, what do you think might be causing the premature engaging of the spool?
Attitude plus effort equal success

CLEAN AND DRY

User avatar
DanIsaac
Posts: 1938
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:25 pm

Re: Daiwa Lexa HD?

Postby DanIsaac » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:14 am

Weak clutch....
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com


Return to “Swim Baits”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests