How’s the frog bite

fatbass

How’s the frog bite

Post by fatbass »

Has anyone been out on Clearlake? Have they sprayed?

Thanks
ash
SpeedBump

Re: How’s the frog bite

Post by ash »

. Lurking
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Jim Wilson

Post by Jim Wilson »

I was there 6th, 7th,and 8th and from 5-8:30 am Friday, the frog bite was excellent in the tullies up North. The rest of the weekend, couldn't get bit on frogs. Evening bite was non existent also. I'm guessing the weather had an affect on the bite. It was cloudy, windy and a bit cooler Friday and Windy mid lake south Sat and Sun. Topwater bite all but shut down for me the rest of the weekend. Jigs and dropshot picked up the slack fished mid lake around deepwater docks and out off the bank in the grass in 8-10ft. Water was the clearest mid lake. Good luck
Jim
fatbass

Post by fatbass »

Thanks for sharing Jim
clum553946

Post by clum553946 »

Threw the frog south yesterday evening and early this morning. There were no strikes this morning as the water was calm and dead. No fish rolling or breaking water, it was eerily quiet! We also threw the Whopper with only a few half hearted slaps. Only had one blow up in the evening that produced a 3lber and that was it! I think the frog and top water bite is hit or miss right now. When they’re on, it’s crazy! We’re fishing one more day, then I’ll post a report. Hint: keep your jig pole handy!
fatbass

Post by fatbass »

Thank you for the great report!
ILW

Post by ILW »

Definitely seemshit and miss or miss lately. Most recently had a few blowups but it seemed like the fish's aim was off and would completely miss the frog. Never even set the hook my frog just sat there untouched.