I Want To Tournament Fish

Daniel Rodriguez

I Want To Tournament Fish

Post by Daniel Rodriguez »

I am looking for SOMEBODY/ANYBODY who has a boat that needs a partner. I have a boat but my live well does not work or else I would just say hey who wants to fish a tourney. I would like to be serious but also have the mind state of really not expecting 1st place every time or if ever. I'm out every weekend and definitely would like to try and do something with fishing competitively. Really just want some one who is an avid fisherman to bounce ideas off of in order to get better. I mean winning money would definitely be a bonus plus I would like to see what damage I could do. If you know any one who knows anyone or you are that person please hit me up.
Mitch

Re: I Want To Tournament Fish

Post by Mitch »

Need more info: where do you live, age, capabilities, etc, you get the idea
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
Daniel Rodriguez

I live in Manteca California, I am 22, Moneys really not an issue. Idk what else your really lookin let me know and I can answer your question
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

If you have never fished tournaments, I would suggest joining a club to get a feel of what tourney fishing is about. In most clubs, you can fish as a non-boater, they will pair you up with a boater. To locate a club in your area, just click on the "Interactive" tab above, then click on "Fishing Clubs"
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Stratos278 wrote:If you have never fished tournaments, I would suggest joining a club to get a feel of what tourney fishing is about. In most clubs, you can fish as a non-boater, they will pair you up with a boater. To locate a club in your area, just click on the "Interactive" tab above, then click on "Fishing Clubs"
Great advice Stratos278. Besides getting a feel for tournament fishing one meets like minded people and there are some really good sticks in bass clubs that one can learn a ton from.
Daniel Rodriguez

how do you sign up?
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Daniel Rodriguez wrote:how do you sign up?
It's been years since I was in a club and I think they all have different protocols. Most importantly that they are accepting new members. Can someone help a brotha out?
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Daniel Rodriguez wrote:how do you sign up?

There's a few Bass clubs near you. Modesto AmBassadors is one that is a great one. Do a google search for bass clubs near Manteca, or check with the guys at Delta Bait right there in Manteca. There's also the Bass Federation you could fish as a non boater in. Good luck and have fun.
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

Daniel:
I sent you a pm this morning on checking out a Club first ......

http://www.deltabassclub.com/
JoeLanghans

Post by JoeLanghans »

Club tournaments suck for non boaters since they are not a team tournaments. They also get small turnouts and are not very competitive. Great for beginners and amateurs learning but it sounds like you want competition and blood pumping fun. Ask around, talk to the guys at HLS. Hang out at Russos or Paradise for a couple hours in the morning, you’ll find someone easily.
Bruce Theriot

Post by Bruce Theriot »

FYI-If you want to join a club there is one in Manteca; Manteca Bassin Buddies, they have a FB page.
JoeLanghans

Post by JoeLanghans »

Nevermind, join a club. If you are struggling on the delta on slack tides, you need to join a club before fishing the money tournaments.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

JoeLanghans wrote:Nevermind, join a club. If you are struggling on the delta on slack tides, you need to join a club before fishing the money tournaments.
I’m only able to fish 5 hours every two weeks. I stay away from tournaments because I would simply be donating my entry fee.
JoeLanghans

Post by JoeLanghans »

monte300 wrote:
JoeLanghans wrote:Nevermind, join a club. If you are struggling on the delta on slack tides, you need to join a club before fishing the money tournaments.
I’m only able to fish 5 hours every two weeks. I stay away from tournaments because I would simply be donating my entry fee.
If you’ve done that for 20 years, you’re probably a decent fisherman :wink:
monte300

Post by monte300 »

JoeLanghans wrote:
monte300 wrote:
If you’ve done that for 20 years, you’re probably a decent fisherman :wink:
Come hell or high water I'm gonna crank. There are days I'm the windshield and there are days I'm the bug. I'm not versatile or patient enough to fish for five big bites a day and that mentality is what it takes to compete in tournaments. I'm blessed to have a place like the Delta where I can force feed them crankbaits. A bad day on the Delta is four or five fish, a bad day on lakes is no bites!
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Hey Daniel,

Clubs are a great way to become familiar with the tournament scene and meet guys with boats. Clubs have different by-laws or charters so check a few out in your area. Another way is to talk to guys like Dan at Dan's Delta Outdoors in Oakley who host local derbies and he may know of someone looking for a back seater.

Some clubs are draw events some are team events - they have their positives and negatives. Draw events make you hon your skills as a non boater to compete against the guy in the front. The team tournaments is a shared weight format
I was a member of Folsom Bass Team for a LOOOONG Time and they are a great club, just a little too far from you.

Good Luck on your journey keep looking for open backseats, I see them posted on facebook all of the time and occasionally on here. - just remember to offer gas money 40-60 depending on where you run, be polite, and offer to clean up the boat at the end of the day. You do these things and youll be invited back :D

And before you haters say 40-60 what what what - it's a lot cheaper then owning a boat!
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
monte300

Post by monte300 »

You will be amazed at the caliber of some of the club fishermen, both as men and as fishermen. Really good points Ash, anyone that helps out with the cost of gas and wiping down my boat gets invited back often. I try to go the extra mile and give my partner some decent water to fish, as opposed to nosing into the bank all day. The owner always seems to buy the expensive TCW3 oil and when a battery dies, who do you think gets to buy one, two or three of them? That's best case nothing breaks scenario.......
M Pollard

Post by M Pollard »

i have a buddy that has been looking for a partner to fish tournies.. Name Izzy 209-346-1294... he does not have a boat, but would pay 1/2 tourney and gas expensises