A Trip to Moses Lake, WA

ttb31183

A Trip to Moses Lake, WA

Post by ttb31183 »

Last week I made it out to Moses Lake and had a great morning trip. I hadn't been there in almost two years and probably wouldn't have anytime soon if it weren't for a random Facebook message.

Mark from and his friend Frank were up from California for a concert and wanted to get out fishing. I was free and have been wanting to fish Moses so it worked out great. I met them at 6:30 and we fished until around 11:00. In between that time we had plenty of action from smallmouth, largemouth and a walleye.

We started off close to the ramp and I landed a 3.5lb smallmouth on my first cast with a crankbait. They must have thought Washington fishing was pretty easy as we caught a few more including Frank's new PB smallie at close to five pounds.

Since we only had a few hours we only made it to a few spots but were able to catch quite a few fish in a four hour trip including one triple. Two of us had bass and the other was reeling in a walleye simultaneously. It was a fun trip and we caught most of the fish on the drop-shot but also caught some cranking, with a football head and also a soft plastic on a swing head. It was pretty good fishing for a flat calm day in July.

I was glad I made the trip and got to meet these guys and make two new friends. As I always do, I was mapping while I was fishing and that lake's contours get better every time I get out there.

Tyler Brinks
PeterCO

Re: A Trip to Moses Lake, WA

Post by PeterCO »

Cool fish. I think you are more than satisfied with your trip. I love fishing on my boat and recently bought binoculars. Chosen the characteristics of thermal vision

Last edited by PeterCO on Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

I used to haul Gene Machines out of Moses Lake and crossed over it many many times and always wanted to fish it !! I have an old Navy friend who lives close that has offered me a place to stay all I have to do is haul the boat up there !! Now that I'm retired, Maybe I can make the trip !!
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

I used to haul Gene Machines out of Moses Lake and crossed over it many many times and always wanted to fish it !! I have an old Navy friend who lives close that has offered me a place to stay all I have to do is haul the boat up there !! Now that I'm retired, Maybe I can make the trip !!
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms