Need help out of state. Eastman or clear lake

Ty Mannion

Need help out of state. Eastman or clear lake

Post by Ty Mannion »

I'm coming to Cali from Colorado in a few weeks to do some fishing. We were originally going to go to clear lake but a friend of mine was just down there and heard about Eastman. If you were going for the best trip which lake would you choose. Thanks
Whoopbass

Re: Need help out of state. Eastman or clear lake

Post by Whoopbass »

Clear Lake and it's not even close.
JoeLanghans

Post by JoeLanghans »

:lol: is this a trick question
scott39

Post by scott39 »

I live about 1 hour from Eastman. I live 3.5 hours from Clearlake. I have been to Clearlake about 10 times in the past couple years. Eastman 0
Dobyns Rods
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

Come up to Clear lake, book a local guide trip and have the time of your life :) RR
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

I live 20 mins from eastman lake and it a great little lake too catch some really nice bass but i would take Rich up on clear lake if you plan on being here for a week or two. The central valley in a heat wave now and aug is not going to be much better for valley heat 27 days of 100 plus degrees in aug coming up. Ive fished eastman and hensley lakes both for years now.
I know the lake well but if it was my choice it would be clear lake hands down.
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Clear Lake, no question !! I fish Eastman a lot, but if I were coming in from out of state and wanted a great place to go, it's Clear Lake !! MILES and MILES of shore line, docks, tullies, rock piles and over all bigger fish !!
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

When i ģet my new bassboat ( 1976 mon-ark ) barn find having it serviced
Im not going to do fishing report for the fresno bee on eastman or hensley
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Original Lion collar jig
Building and fishing custom bass jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

Eastman can be a great lake, but Clear Lake is one of the top bass fisheries in the country. You always have the CA Delta in between Eastman and Clear Lake....another one of the top bass fisheries in the country....then there is Shasta, Don Pedro....the list goes on of water that I would put ahead of Eastman. Just my .02
Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.
clum553946

Post by clum553946 »

Eastman was killing it about a month ago on jigs at night, the extreme hot weather seems to have slowed things down. It’s a smaller lake. At Clear Lake you have a better chance of getting a monster or two. Also, there’s just a lot more water to fish at Clear Lake and it’s one of the destination bass lakes in the country! There’s also several towns on the water. When exactly are you coming to California?
Ty Mannion

Post by Ty Mannion »

We are coming the week of august 19th. I have been to the delta twice now and clear lake twice. I caught my pb at the delta a 8.66 lb although I did lose an absolute beast as he spit my frog back at me. Lol. Clear lake was on fire 2 years ago for us but last year was a little slower. Although we did manage to catch some nice fish. My friend was just in Cali for a family reunion last week and heard about Eastman. His BIL owns land next to it. He has gotten googly eyes on it after he saw some pics. Thanks for the help
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

How long are you guys staying? Why not take a day and fish Eastman then once he gets that out of his system, head up to Clear Lake? I am guessing there about 5 1/2 hours apart...
Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.
zdbm2004

Post by zdbm2004 »

Whatever your decision is be sure to check the report of fire locations. It’s gotten ridiculous all over. Don’t over look Berryessa or the delta.
zmyers