Night Fishing Trip

ttb31183

Night Fishing Trip

Post by ttb31183 »

It has been pretty dang hot around here lately and one of my favorite ways to beat the heat is to go night fishing. I usually only make it out a time or two each year, but I always enjoy fishing after dark. The quiet of the night, bright moon and hard-hitting bass keep me coming back.

I went out Sunday night and fished from around dark until nearly 4 am. The fishing wasn't extraordinary, but we did land a few nice bass. As usual, the typical all-black plastics and spinnerbaits were what we used. I like the spinnerbaits with the giant blades to get that thumping action. Here are a few of my favorites.

The ChatterBait seemed to be the best producer that night though. This was one of the better fish we caught and it fell for a black and blue ChatterBait.

When I fish at night I am usually idling from place to place, so that makes it ideal for mapping while you fish. Check out these humps we found by mapping.

I plan to make another trip out at night because it is one of my favorite parts of the summer.
Tyler Brinks
Turkeyman

Re: Night Fishing Trip

Post by Turkeyman »

Summer night fishing is my favorite time to fish. Get to the lake around 5-6 and fish til 1-2am and call it good. Cool, quite and usually some good fish. I usually fish top water til dark then a jig or a big worm after dark.
ttb31183

Post by ttb31183 »

Turkeyman wrote:Summer night fishing is my favorite time to fish. Get to the lake around 5-6 and fish til 1-2am and call it good. Cool, quite and usually some good fish. I usually fish top water til dark then a jig or a big worm after dark.
Agreed. That is a great way to approach it. I've also had good success with wacky-rigs at night.
Tyler Brinks
PeterCO

Post by PeterCO »

Cool photos :) I think I need to bring extra equipment for night fishing. My friend advised me this binocular https://www.atncorp.com/smart-hd-binocular and told me that he helped him out at the right time. It is relatively inexpensive and have good characteristics. I think to myself, too, take this :wink:
bassindon69

Post by bassindon69 »

I really like the p line CX florescent and black light. It sure makes it more fun.
Go Big or Go Home!
http://calfishing.com/gallery/v/members/bassindon69/basspics/
fishin musician

Post by fishin musician »

I LOVE the Stren Clear Blue Flourescent. This line is VERY strong and glows sooooo good in a black light. I’ve used it for years. Never had an issue.
Larry Hemphill

Berkley Fireline

Post by Larry Hemphill »

I have used Berkley Fireline, 30 lb test in the Flame Green color now for years. It will even work on a bigger spinning reel. It is really bright in the black light. No broken line lost fish yet, after several years of night fishing!