Fishing Oroville Lake 08/03/2018

Tom Gronwall

Fishing Oroville Lake 08/03/2018

Post by Tom Gronwall »

Not a good morning on the water for me. To begin with, half way to the Lime Saddle ramp, realize I forgot my morning meds, which includes allergy meds, not going back so get launched about 5:30 am, and fish in the smoke haze. Didn't take long for my allergies to get going, feeling like crap but fished anyway. Funny, when one is not feeling well, hard to get into the hunt and catch fish. Only got 13 fish this morning, could not seem to find them at all, like the smoke seems to bother them too. Best fish right at 13 1/2". My last Friday fishing forever. Get back to the ramp at 9 am and it looks like a circus, boats sitting at the launch, yet no one launching. I call them weekend boater, no clue how to keep a ramp moving, like they are the only ones around!!! Took nearly 25 minutes to be able to get the boat off the water!
Attachments
GOPR0380.JPG
Kennortonjr

Re: Fishing Oroville Lake 08/03/2018

Post by Kennortonjr »

If it makes you feel better I had my best outing of the summer this morning and that was for a total of six - I would be thrilled with thirteen.

I think I may have seen you while launching this morning. I had forgotten to put the drain plug in and my boat was full of water haha.

I had an easier time getting off the water than you did, but I think it may have been so bad because today was a “free launch day”.
Tom Gronwall

Re: Fishing Oroville Lake 08/03/2018

Post by Tom Gronwall »

Yep, me in the dirty 14 ft Klamath.