Into this scenario come rumors of another major tournament trail emerging...

WB Staff

Into this scenario come rumors of another major tournament trail emerging...

Post by WB Staff »

pivot02_into_this_scenario_come_rumors_of_another_major_tournament_trail_emerging.jpg
Last week, competitive fishing experienced a first-of-its-kind occurrence when both major organizations had to shorten events. The flagship circuit at B.A.S.S., the Elite Series, dropped their tournament scheduled for the Upper Chesapeake Bay from four days to none. Meanwhile, the folks at FLW got their Northern Series anglers on the water one day at Lake Erie before canceling Days Two and Three.

Were those good decisions? The jury is still out among anglers and fans, but what it’s showed is the curse of becoming a big-time operation. With market share, big purses, staff obligations and major sponsorship dollars, when inclement weather arises – and our sport is more influenced by it than any other I can think of – there’s often no way to make everyone happy. Each time you add another interested party to the mix, the complications seem to increase exponentially. Unlike your bass club, which can reschedule on a moment’s notice, or even move an event to another body of water, that’s not always possible when your cumulative monetary impact measures in the hundreds of thousands.

Into this scenario come rumors of another major tournament trail emerging in the next year or two. I have only secondhand knowledge, but I’ve heard it from enough informed individuals to know that something is afoot. It sounds like they will be heavily funded, which will at least temporarily silence some of the anglers’ gripes. On the other hand, events like the Bassmaster Classic and the Forrest Wood Cup have history and status backing them up -- do you make the switch if there's a possibility you won't be able to return?

Read it all at Yamamoto's Inside Line: http://www.insideline.net/peteweighsin/ ... -advantage
ash
SpeedBump

Re: Into this scenario come rumors of another major tournament trail emerging...

Post by ash »

Not really a story but more of a hyped rumor :cry: So whos the new kid on the block?
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
george

Re: Into this scenario come rumors of another major tournament trail emerging...

Post by george »

I spoke to someone who is a major player in the Elites, FLW and MLF and he said straight up that he had been approached about the new circuit and that it was far enough along that it was going to happen! He did not share many details but from my take it might be really good for everyone and more so for the west coast!

George
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

The same thing happened before the Great Recession. Lots of new tournament trails sprang up, while everyone had money. The annual DFG Jamboree in SoCal to chose permits for lakes was a dog fight.
The Recession put a stop to a lot of them, because people could no longer afford to fish more than one trail. The Jamboree was reduced to just a few circuts, and things were worked out quickly and politely, a far cry from what it had been like just a few years before.
I hope the new organization is for real, and that it affords western anglers an opportunity to fish it. But making a financial go of a tournament organization is a really tough proposition, even in good times.
Just look a what B.A.S.S. has had to do, in terms of the percent of angler financing of their organization, in order to survive over the years.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY