Buchanan Bass Battle

ttb31183

Buchanan Bass Battle

Post by ttb31183 »

This past weekend the Spokane Bass Club participated in this great event for the fourth straight season. It is a memorial tournament that brings together local clubs to compete against each other for bragging rights based on the average weight per team in the field. SBC was lucky enough to pull out the win on Lake Coeur d'Alene against the Idaho Panhandle Bass Club, Pend Oreille Bass Club and the Inland Empire Bass Club.

We had an average weight of 13lbs and change and took the title and traveling trophy for the year. We had consistent weights among every team and nobody had a bad day and that helped to keep our average up. One of our teams had just under 20lbs and finished second overall and that really helped.

My team was fourth or fifth with 14.20lbs. We caught tons of fish by pitching jigs to any wood cover we could find. My team partner Wes caught one close to six pounds and that really helped as the rest were two pounders.

We also saw some cool wildlife with a mother moose and her little one enjoying the day right along with us. Lake CDA is an amazing fishery and I love going out there.

This event was fun and I can't wait to come back next year to defend our title.
Tyler Brinks