G Loomis nrx

Johnny marks

G Loomis nrx

Post by Johnny marks »

Looking to buy a g Loomis nrx I'll be throwing weightless Texas rig senkos around grass and cover and weightless wackys around open water 3/16-3/8 oz Texas rigs around moderate cover and 1/4-3/8 oz jigs around moderate cover as well I use braided line on all my setups which model will cover that best, fish the ca delta twice a week and do alot of pond fishing currently using a kistler helium 3 7'1 medium heavy extra fast action for those lures love the the action and power but looking to upgrade to that nrx
MGJR

Re: G Loomis nrx

Post by MGJR »

[quote][/quote]

Upgrade? Did you know that Kistler rods are built with North Fork Composite blanks (Gary Loomis)? I could see if there was a particular action/weight you were looking for that Loomis offered, that other rod companies didn't, but I do not think you will necessarily be "upgrading" from the Kistler Helium 3. Kistler has a great selection of options, in the Helium 3 series, as well as KLX and Mag 2s.
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Either the 893 or 853 is the one you want, and no other rod even comes close imho. Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
Johnny marks

Post by Johnny marks »

DanIsaac wrote:Either the 893 or 853 is the one you want, and no other rod even comes close imho. Dan
Will those rods have enough power for moderate cover? I was thinking the 854c since g Loomis powers in the nrx line are lighter then listed
swfongdds

Post by swfongdds »

I use a NRX 854 as my weightless wacky and texas rigged senko. It casts/pitches well and has plenty of backbone especially in the Delta when you are tossing into heavy cover or tules. It is my go to rod for tossing a Senko
Johnny marks

Post by Johnny marks »

swfongdds wrote:I use a NRX 854 as my weightless wacky and texas rigged senko. It casts/pitches well and has plenty of backbone especially in the Delta when you are tossing into heavy cover or tules. It is my go to rod for tossing a Senko
how's the action on the rod is it pretty stiff or does it have some play at the tip
Last edited by Johnny marks on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Johnny marks

Post by Johnny marks »

swfongdds wrote:I use a NRX 854 as my weightless wacky and texas rigged senko. It casts/pitches well and has plenty of backbone especially in the Delta when you are tossing into heavy cover or tules. It is my go to rod for tossing a Senko
question hows the tip on the rod is like super stiff or does it got some play up top
swfongdds

Post by swfongdds »

I usually toss a 6" inch senko and the tip is not too stiff.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Johnny marks wrote:Looking to buy a g Loomis nrx I'll be throwing weightless Texas rig senkos around grass and cover and weightless wackys around open water 3/16-3/8 oz Texas rigs around moderate cover and 1/4-3/8 oz jigs around moderate cover as well I use braided line on all my setups which model will cover that best, fish the ca delta twice a week and do alot of pond fishing currently using a kistler helium 3 7'1 medium heavy extra fast action for those lures love the the action and power but looking to upgrade to that nrx
Are you looking for more backbone to yank them out of the grass and cover or is the medium heavy a good rod for you? I am not sure on the Loomis models but The Dobyns 734c (Heavy Action) or 733 (Medium Heavy) would be my recommendation. Damn 550.00 on a retail rod, why not just look at getting a custom made rod and call Steve Biechman http://www.stevescustomrods.com/ cause if your gonna get that high up there i would want it dialed just for me.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
kmah

Post by kmah »

Johnny marks wrote:Looking to buy a g Loomis nrx I'll be throwing weightless Texas rig senkos around grass and cover and weightless wackys around open water 3/16-3/8 oz Texas rigs around moderate cover and 1/4-3/8 oz jigs around moderate cover as well I use braided line on all my setups which model will cover that best, fish the ca delta twice a week and do alot of pond fishing currently using a kistler helium 3 7'1 medium heavy extra fast action for those lures love the the action and power but looking to upgrade to that nrx
Since you specifically asked about NRX Dan is on the money. I use the JWR893 NRX for what your describing. I like more backbone on around grass, but for the situation your describing either 854 or 893.

I’d push you towards the longer rod so you can move more line on the hook set and make longer casts if desired.

NRX is amazing, you won’t truly appreciate it until you have fished it 4-5 times.

Good luck

K. Mah
Johnny marks

Post by Johnny marks »

kmah wrote:
Since you specifically asked about NRX Dan is on the money. I use the JWR893 NRX for what your describing. I like more backbone on around grass, but for the situation your describing either 854 or 893.

I’d push you towards the longer rod so you can move more line on the hook set and make longer casts if desired.

NRX is amazing, you won’t truly appreciate it until you have fished it 4-5 times.

Good luck

K. Mah
will the 854c fish the baits i listed above or will 893c have enough power around that moderate vegetation and cover
WRB

Post by WRB »

If you are set on Loomis NRX series rods then follow the advice from users.
Keep in mind NRX was introduced in 2012 or 6 1/2 years ago in 2 series, green and blue, the green unfinished blank was discontinued 2 years ago. The new top of the line from Loomis is the Conquest series, you might want to considered it with state of the art blanks, handle and giude train.
Another option is don't compromise and have a custom rod made to your exact needs with state of the art components superior to off the shelf NRX.
Tom
kmah

Post by kmah »

Go with the 893.