Navionics app question

Jim Wilson

Navionics app question

Post by Jim Wilson »

Does the Navionics app automatically adjust for current reservoir water elevation when viewing a lake? For instance, when viewing Folsom, is the map that is displayed the current water level? It gives me an option to change water level from -150ft to +48ft. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that is for seeing water levels when lake is low and when lake is full.

Jim
Jim Wilson

Re: Navionics app question

Post by Jim Wilson »

Looks like Folsom full pool is 466ft and as of 8/27 it is 417ft making it down 49ft. So, do I slide the water level depth to -49ft to give me a view of the current water level?
Jim
TravisH

Re: Navionics app question

Post by TravisH »

Hi there Jim, yes you are correct. The mapping doesn’t automatically correct for the water level, all the info is based off of Full pool so you do exactly like you stated... Find Full pool info then the to date water level and subtract then adjust your water level offset accordingly.. Also another quick way to do it is once your on the water (if you have a boat with a depth finder) you can set your Apps water level based on the exact location such as the boats sitting in 20’ of water all you do is draw down your water level till it shows you sitting in 20’. That’s a quick way if needed instead of researching water levels...

Have a great day

Travis Huckaby