HELP, Best fish finder under a grand.

Basscat1972

HELP, Best fish finder under a grand.

Post by Basscat1972 »

I need to replace my lowrance in the dash of my 2005 basscat puma. Willing to spend upwards to a grand, couple questions for all of you. 1. Stay with lowrance? 2. Basscat owners, is there one in the market that will fit in the dash of my puma, there is a lowrance x15? What brand is the most user friendly? Would love to hear from hummingbird or garmin end users as well as I am not loyal to any one brand?

GPS is a must for me, structure scan is a plus.

Thanks all.
rico

Re: HELP, Best fish finder under a grand.

Post by rico »

If you don't want to install another transducer, you'll have to stay with Lowrance. Call Lowrance and ask about their refurb units. They have brand new guts and the same warranty as new and you'll be surprised at the prices.
Basscat1972

Post by Basscat1972 »

Not sure if an old X15 transducer will work on the newer units? Plus it may be the transducer that has gone bad as it won’t shiw bottom anymore. Still shows arch’s and depth though. Any thoughts?
JL

Post by JL »

Do you have a thru hull transducer or transom mount? If its a thru hull and will not show bottom, very possible its broken free of the hull and is bouncing around down there. Same thing happened to me and that's what it was. I also have the X15mt unit. Check out the Raymarine Dragonfly 5 Pro unit. For the price and ease of use will be impressed.