Fishing at private pier of clear lake

LoveFishing

Fishing at private pier of clear lake

Post by LoveFishing »

Hi, friends,
I love fishing but not good at it.
In May, I heard CL is perfect place for fishing, so rented 2 rooms at blue fish cove resort with whole family of wife, kids, and kids grandmother. I promised them a rich fishing trip, but ended up not even a scale being seen, not even blue gill. We had no boat, just fishing on the pier.
I couldn't resist the thought to try it again, but don't want to disappoint my kids again.
Still think to just fishing on the private pier of a house or hotel since it would be easier for kids.
Any suggestions where to stay would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Tim
Hitman

Re: Fishing at private pier of clear lake

Post by Hitman »

I would recommend Indian Beach Resort at Clear Lake. Its on the HWY20 side and it known for its incredible crappie fishing all thru late fall and thru winter. It's almost endless action. Give it a try...I have no affiliation with them at all but I do spend a lot of time fishing there and fish in front of that resort for crappie from a boat. They have great long docks and fish pens to keep your catch live until you're ready to leave.

http://indianbeachresort.us/

Hitman
Hitman

Fish Hard Films
MT

Post by MT »

Concur with the above recommendation for your situation.
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

If you want a near to guaranteed adventure, I would suggest hiring a guide for a half day trip. You would be money ahead by doing so and you vlcan learn different techniques you could apply elsewhere, either on a pier or rental boat.
Try Carl Keller at the number below he can hook you up on a half day trip, and like most of the local guides has a ton of experience with young ones.

707 543 6677
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
fishnhigs

Post by fishnhigs »

Skylark Shores! They have multiple docks to fish off of and an abundance of fish that can be caught. Senkos, drop shots and shaky heads will produce for you and the kids.
Bass boy dave

Post by Bass boy dave »

get a guide or at least let the little ones use some live bait. its not for me but I have two little boys who love to catch some blue gill or crappie. bobber and a minnow or night crawler