How will MLF develop down stream ?

Rod Martin

How will MLF develop down stream ?

Post by Rod Martin »

Will MLF pull from the clubs and smaller down stream tournament trails of others are do they have a plan in place to develop their own clubs and minor league tournaments to feed into their shows.
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
jiggin4bass

Re: How will MLF develop down stream ?

Post by jiggin4bass »

You now have 80 full time employees fishing in MLF so if one of them quits you'll need to send in your tournament resume im sure there will be a waiting list so you better hurry and get that resume in asap.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Ranger519v

Post by Ranger519v »

If MLF's new definition of sports bass fishing is as much or more popular than the old "best 5 to the scales", you can bet that MANY small to mid-size groups will follow.

Will it be more popular? I'm sure it will be for a TV viewing audience. For the masses of fishermen, I'm not so sure. Why? The average fishermen can go out an catch *quantity* of average fish. It takes, IMHO, a lot more skill to go out and catch 5 HEAVY fish.
Bob
===========================================
1997 Ranger 519DVS, 225 Mercury EFI, 12 and 9" HDS Gen 3s, 109 MG Tour, 10' Talons
M Pollard

Post by M Pollard »

It would never work in a Mid level tourney. ABA, FPT, New Jen could not get Marshalls to be on every boat to check weights of fish..also to supply the boats with tecnology to track weights of fish between each fisherman.. Never work.. Not going to happen.....
Ranger519v

Post by Ranger519v »

M Pollard wrote:It would never work in a Mid level tourney. ABA, FPT, New Jen could not get Marshalls to be on every boat to check weights of fish..also to supply the boats with tecnology to track weights of fish between each fisherman.. Never work.. Not going to happen.....
Yes, I know it's not exactly the same, but kayak tournaments are already realtime. All you need is a smartphone and a ruler.
Bob
1997 Ranger 519DVS, 225 Mercury EFI, 12 and 9" HDS Gen 3s, 109 MG Tour, 10' Talons
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

I wonder who will be the first major bassboat company that will replace livewells with more storage space no need for livewells in MLF
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
scott39

Post by scott39 »

jiggin4bass wrote:I wonder who will be the first major bassboat company that will replace livewells with more storage space no need for livewells in MLF
I hope not. I need someplace to put my meat
Dobyns Rods
JL

Post by JL »

Is MLF going to supply 80 bass boats to fish out of ? If so, why would these MLF anglers need a boat and motor sponsor if they are supplied boats ???
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

If the owner of bass pro shops has any too do with MLF you can bet he going too push Ranger boats merc motors. Extra money if you win in his boats. I would think major sponsors will jump on board to sponsor each tournament. I wonder if they will have a fishing magazine and a membership like Bass is doing.
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Here another thing going split the screen going to sponsors commercials and keep fishing right along side of them there always going to be a camera boat on anglers. Im sure it can be done
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

jiggin4bass wrote:You now have 80 full time employees fishing in MLF so if one of them quits you'll need to send in your tournament resume im sure there will be a waiting list so you better hurry and get that resume in asap.
I'm not even sure what this means. I don't plan on fishing , am not good enough , nor have the medical health to fish something like this.

Ask a simple question get some good answers and this. :shock:

Do you really dislike MLF as much as your posts indicate ?
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Ranger519v wrote:
M Pollard wrote:It would never work in a Mid level tourney. ABA, FPT, New Jen could not get Marshalls to be on every boat to check weights of fish..also to supply the boats with tecnology to track weights of fish between each fisherman.. Never work.. Not going to happen.....
Yes, I know it's not exactly the same, but kayak tournaments are already realtime. All you need is a smartphone and a ruler.
Hasn't there already been challenges with the integrity of this system? I am not saying that the current model is without fault but unless you went back to a draw style or a Ultimate Match fishing style it will be difficult to translate into team tournaments. I am really interested in how to incorporate that format into team tournaments and I just dont see it as of yet.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

I didnt say i dislike them they 80 employees if you want a job get on there waiting list with your resume ready in hand you might get the call. I for one like the 80 boat field. Pro against Pro
Last edited by jiggin4bass on Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

What i hoping they dont draw from minor league fishing clubs. There are enough pro's in BASS & FLW on the pro side of both orgs to keep MLF in business. No more Pro/Am The Pro's dont want them so why have them.
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley