Delta wind tomorrow??

TonyL

Delta wind tomorrow??

Post by TonyL »

Hey All,
Supposed to be windy everywhere tomorrow. Forecasts haven't been the best. Planning to come from San Jose tomorrow. What you locals think about wind tomorrow?Fishable ? Avoid ?

Thanks for any input !
~ Tony
JoeLanghans

Re: Delta wind tomorrow??

Post by JoeLanghans »

There’s always places to escape the wind on Delta. Wind should never never be a question for fishing the Delta.
cdrake

Post by cdrake »

JoeLanghans wrote:There’s always places to escape the wind on Delta. Wind should never never be a question for fishing the Delta.
Agreed. It’s always fishable, the wind is one thing you can always count on fishing the delta. If you stay away from some of the big water like the main river and franks you can manage it. Of course, play it safe and wear that life jacket!

Best of luck, I’ll see you out there tomorrow!
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

So ..... how was the wind today ?
Depending upon your definition .... I would disagree it is "always fishable" when blowing 25+
JoeLanghans

Post by JoeLanghans »

MichaelB wrote:So ..... how was the wind today ?
Depending upon your definition .... I would disagree it is "always fishable" when blowing 25+
It is always fishable. Marinas, sloughs, rip rap wall lines, cuts, etc. All of those will shield you from the wind or weather you can’t handle. Wind, rain, and or clouds will help the bite and turn the big fish on. Just ask around, 20 lb bags were caught on the delta Saturday and Today
db220

Post by db220 »

I'm with you. There may be a lot of fishable areas when it's blowing hard, but trying to get to those places isn't always fun or safe.
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

db220 wrote:
I'm with you. There may be a lot of fishable areas when it's blowing hard, but trying to get to those places isn't always fun or safe.
I fished Saturday, the wind was mild and I ran all over the place, including around Franks in the afternoon heading back to the ramp. Did see some nice sacks including a few 15+ in our Club. Sunday was another matter. Saw the weather, sustained winds 20-25 with gusts to 40. One would need to fish pretty bad to head out in those conditions on purpose.