Anyone hear about a new world record out of Melones?

george

Anyone hear about a new world record out of Melones?

Post by george »

Pretty reliable source just called me and said that there was a new world record largemouth caught at Melones over the week end, does anyone have any news? Said 26+!!!!!

George
Whoopbass

Re: Anyone hear about a new world record out of Melones?

Post by Whoopbass »

Is it April 1st already?
george

Post by george »

That is sort of what I am thinking, but you never know! That lake has been low enough for those big girls to be able to buffet on those schools of trout so it could be possible though not probable!
steve black

Post by steve black »

Hey George, yeah I was up there last Sat, and the big girls were definitely pushing their weight around, lol ,It seemed I was one step behind them. Awesome to see and to think it happens every day :D IMHO I think we will see a State or even World Record come out of that lake, it has the potential!
WRB

Post by WRB »

It's not 1st of April :wink:
Tom
JL

Post by JL »

I did hear it was caught on the helicopter lure! Har, har, har!!
Chad Sweitzer

Post by Chad Sweitzer »

I saw one 20+ earlier this year, but it definitely wasn't 26, and it was too smart for me!
PB: Spot-9.625 (Shasta Record) LMB-13.27 SM-4.36
GloryHoleSports

Post by GloryHoleSports »

We are really wishin this rumor would come true but so far no one knows much about it but the one who initiated this post. What else ya got George ??
george

Post by george »

This is what happens when you try to become a investigative reporter and follow up on rumor from a friend!
I was also trying to push some business up your way as I heard this fish was caught on a California Resevoir Lures Jig purchased from Glory Hole on a 7'6" HF Spiralite casting rod and Shimano reel spooled with 17# High Seas flourocarbon.

**At least this is what I would have used if I was the one catching a fish like that!

George
Chad Sweitzer

Post by Chad Sweitzer »

That was not investigative reporting, that was clickbait. If I were to hear of a WW from a friend I would ask him for source/proof. And if he didn't know or couldn't confirm, I wouldn't post it, I would investigate it. At this point even if someone did catch a WW, its sketchy to me why they waited so long to release that information. I'm disappointed that this spread as much as it did. New Melones fishes small, and a bunch of people will be up there now because you thought you heard something and Westernbass decided to post it to the home page. And now mentioning your own sponsors as you see the views this post is getting, it makes me question your intentions from the start.
PB: Spot-9.625 (Shasta Record) LMB-13.27 SM-4.36
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Chad Sweitzer wrote:That was not investigative reporting, that was clickbait. If I were to hear of a WW from a friend I would ask him for source/proof. And if he didn't know or couldn't confirm, I wouldn't post it, I would investigate it. At this point even if someone did catch a WW, its sketchy to me why they waited so long to release that information. I'm disappointed that this spread as much as it did. New Melones fishes small, and a bunch of people will be up there now because you thought you heard something and Westernbass decided to post it to the home page. And now mentioning your own sponsors as you see the views this post is getting, it makes me question your intentions from the start.
Chad,
Never let the truth spoil a good story. Hahaha
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
JL

Post by JL »

So! I was lied to about the fish being caught on a Helicopter Lure? LMAO!
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

JL wrote:So! I was lied to about the fish being caught on a Helicopter Lure? LMAO!
Yes, you were...they were using a Banjo Minnow
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

:mrgreen: Havent heard a Banjo Minnow mention in awhile! :lol:
JL

Post by JL »

Those Banjo minnows actually DO work! Had a guy on my boat at Clear Lake one time that was STROKING fish on it! I couldn't believe it!
Turkeyman

Post by Turkeyman »

Helicopter lure? Banjo Minnow? Don't waste your time; now the Flying Lure that one is the bomb.
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

WB Staff wrote::mrgreen: Havent heard a Banjo Minnow mention in awhile! :lol:
Just make sure you use a Color C-Lecter to pick the right one...
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
george

Post by george »

Chad Sweitzer wrote:
That was not investigative reporting, that was clickbait. If I were to hear of a WW from a friend I would ask him for source/proof. And if he didn't know or couldn't confirm, I wouldn't post it, I would investigate it. At this point even if someone did catch a WW, its sketchy to me why they waited so long to release that information. I'm disappointed that this spread as much as it did. New Melones fishes small, and a bunch of people will be up there now because you thought you heard something and Westernbass decided to post it to the home page. And now mentioning your own sponsors as you see the views this post is getting, it makes me question your intentions from the start.

Wow, I never thought I would get a beat down from a college kid! lol

I was asking a question to the participants of this forum: Anyone hear about a new world record out of Melones????
Did not say that I saw a world record or confirmed one as I asked a fairly directed question! I actually found the replies to be fairly funny because Melones is possibly the only motherlode lake capable of producing a world class fish for either large mouth or spotted bass!
I know there was a large mouth close to twenty pounds caught a few years back during a tournament so it is quite possible!

PS...I added the other stuff just to make some light of it and give Glory Hole and Johnny C an extra mention because they are a couple of the best in the business in both lure production, sales and customer service! I am not sponsored by any of them but with their quality I could only wish I was!

George
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Some people on this forum have way too much free time on there hands.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley