A Day to Remember

ttb31183

A Day to Remember

Post by ttb31183 »

Yesterday I had a day that I will remember for a long time. It started off by my alarm waking me up at 3:15 am when I had no intentions of being up that early. Last week I was fishing the U.S. Open on Lake Mead and my alarm was still set for that (way too early) time. My tackle, rods and boat were still a mess from the travel but waking up that early allowed me time to rig up and organize for a day of fishing in the PNW. No more shad colored crankbaits, topwaters and the tiny swimbaits I was using at Mead.

I made the trip to Long Lake outside of Spokane and within ten minutes of fishing I landed a 5.66 smallmouth. My buddy met me out there shortly after and we caught plenty of two to three and a half pound smallmouth. That was enough to make it an awesome day. My buddy had to leave early so I dropped him off at the ramp around noon and went back to fishing.

After that, I changed it up and started targeting largemouth. I caught a four-pounder right away and then stuck a giant. This one went 7.25lbs and is my biggest of the year.

I also think it's the first time I have caught a 5+ smallie and 7+ largemouth on the same day. I am not sure of many places that you can do that on the same day. There are some, for sure, but not many. I texted these photos to a buddy and he said jokingly that it "looks like a different day" and that is what is so great about this time of year in our region. Start the day off at 37 degrees and end it at 67 degrees. I'm looking forward to my next trip out there but know it will be hard to top today.
Tyler Brinks
Topwater All Day

Re: A Day to Remember

Post by Topwater All Day »

Wow, what an awesome day! And you are right, not many places where you can catch a big Smallie and Largie like that! Very cool! 8)
Rob Ridge
Folsom Bass Team
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

What a special day, congrats man!
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Marc

Post by Marc »

Nice, Tyler! I have done the exact same thing many years ago on Long Lake the first day I ever fished it; using a 5" Senko when they first came out.
www.RangerBoats.com
www.Evinrude.com
www.QuickDropsWeights.com
www.Yamamoto.Baits.com
www.Lamiglas.com
www.Gamakatsu.com
www.LuckyCraft.com
www.Lowrance.com
www.TransducerShieldandSaver.com