No more Oroville Fishing for me, maybe never again

Tom Gronwall

No more Oroville Fishing for me, maybe never again

Post by Tom Gronwall »

I,m one of the hundreds of homes burned out in Magalia, fairly sure from what we have seen. Wanted to say see ya later and how much pleasre it has been taking about fishing on this forum. Never know, might be back, but guessing not. Think were moving to Washington, get me another boat, tackle, etc, and begin again one day. First is a home, then boat, etc. Been a pleasure and thanks for reading my reports. Tom
steve0806

Re: No more Oroville Fishing for me, maybe never again

Post by steve0806 »

Tom Gronwall wrote:I,m one of the hundreds of homes burned out in Magalia, fairly sure from what we have seen. Wanted to say see ya later and how much pleasre it has been taking about fishing on this forum. Never know, might be back, but guessing not. Think were moving to Washington, get me another boat, tackle, etc, and begin again one day. First is a home, then boat, etc. Been a pleasure and thanks for reading my reports. Tom
Sorry to hear this, Tom. Know that you are in our prayers.
Brianw

Post by Brianw »

I enjoyed reading your many fishing reports. Please stay in touch through this board. Please let us know what we can possibly do to help.
CBoat

Post by CBoat »

You will be back faster than you think Tom. You can always report on a lake by your new home. Best wishes and thank you for all the reports.

Tom
In the beginning, there was nothing, then suddenly there was something, then it exploded and turned into everything in the universe, all by itself. OR In the beginning, God created the heavens and the Earth.
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Of course, we will miss your reports but most of all we are glad that you are okay.
Best wishes to return to some normalcy.
Kennortonjr

Post by Kennortonjr »

Sorry to hear that, but glad you made it out okay. I have enjoyed your reports for years. If you ever come back to visit, or do stick around, I would be happy to take you out on my boat (when I replace the one I lost). Do not hesitate to message me, even if you are visiting a few years from now.
JPFish

Post by JPFish »

Sorry for the loss to your home and belongings. As others had said, glad to hear you made it out safely. I haven't had the opportunity to fish for bass in the upper region of Northern California, so your reports gave me perspective on what I am missing. Best wishes on getting settled into a new location and hope you get back on the water soon.
Joe daddy

Post by Joe daddy »

That sucks Tom. Was hoping by chance your place made it through being that I believe you said your place is out of Magalia. I to also loved your post. They kept me motivated and it’s great to see the action on a weekly basis. If you change your mind on fishing let me know. I’ll even fish slower this time. Take care. Tuna!
JLS (Jay Liu's Service)

Post by JLS (Jay Liu's Service) »

Sorry for your loss :( :( , I wish you the best on your next journey :D :D I did enjoy your reports and you can still post your reports where ever you fish.
Jay
Pat

Post by Pat »

Tom, very sad to hear that you lost your home and belongings. But good to know that you are safe. I always appreciated your fishing reports. Wishing you the very best as you move forward.

Pat
Tom Gronwall

Post by Tom Gronwall »

Many thanks everyone. Still not sure if home standing, but maps show it burned, but guess a tiny, tiny chance not burned. If standing will fish those spots again, but definately have to move, can not live in an area that looks like it does. Yes Joe, slow your roll, your leaving fish behind and always called spots Tuna, only freshwater fish that acts like tuna. Fish on
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

So sorry for the loss of your home and boat, man that really sucks !! The best part is you're still here !! Wish you the very best in where ever you land next. I'll miss your reports on Oroville, as will many others. Keep up the work in your next lake near your new home.
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

HI Tom,

Sorry to hear about yours and many others who have lost their homes and community. I am hearing that it will be about 3 weeks until people can even get up to their properties and at this time no one is being allowed into town unless they are fire responders.

The one thing about this digital community is that it remains here for ya no matter where you end up calling home.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Dek

Post by Dek »

I will add to all those who wish you the best of luck and hope somehow your home was spared. I lived and worked in Paradise and Magalia years ago and I am devastated by what I have seen. Enjoyed your posts, as I used to splash my boat and fish exactly where you were.
pewter

Post by pewter »

if your interested my son has a 17' fisher a 40 hp Merc. and trailer. He bought a 21' Stelth and would give his old boat away if you can pick it up. Location is Bullhead City AZ. send me a PM and I can tell you the details.
CATCHEMCARO

Post by CATCHEMCARO »

Sorry to hear about your home Tom. You don't know me, but I have always opened and read your post and looked at your pictures ever since my first time fishing Orville in my Ranger with the WildWest trail. I have several friends who lost everything in our Santa Rosa fire and they are bouncing back. I look forward to reading fishing post from you when your back on the water again. Take care my friend and well be sending positive thoughts your way.
WWW.SCBBBC.COM
http://catchemcarobaits.com/index.html