Striper Report 11/10/18

THE DR

Striper Report 11/10/18

Post by THE DR »

I made it out for a few hours Saturday morning to chase some striper. My partner Shawn and I launched in the dark and made a long run to the first spot. While waiting for the sun to rise we set up on a huge levee break and started fan casting glidebaits. After a few minutes I hooked up with a nice 8-9lb fish on a Hiroshima Customs 7" shad glide. The fish immediately death rolled and popped off. Bummer...

The next hour or so we ran multiple breaks and flats for nada. Finally around 8am I get a big blowup on the 6" DWB and battle a hot fish for a couple minutes. She slid into the net and hit the deck, a nice 18lber! After pics and a successful release we reset the drift. Shawn had an absolute tank, 30lber, follow and swirl on his Sneaky Pete glidebait, only to peel off as it got close to the boat!

We fished until 11am and boated a couple small schoolies on the little S-Waver 168.

This fall run has been fairly slow. We have yet to find any good schools of fish over 5lbs. Hopefully this cold weather will turn the bite on soon.

For more striper action follow me on IG @Fishsix024 or FB The Bombsquad-DeltaWoodBombers

Duckman

Re: Striper Report 11/10/18

Post by Duckman »

Are you going through the smaller size schoolies trying to catch a larger fish or do you move on looking for another school. I don't think the larger fish are mixed in with the smaller ones what do you think?
THE DR

Re: Striper Report 11/10/18

Post by THE DR »

From my experience the fall run fish tend to school up with similar size fish.

In the spring you can have all sizes mixed into one school.

We are targeting the biggest fish with large glides and top water. That's our way of eliminating the small bites.