New melones or Don pedro winter fishing?

serina_mikaelson

New melones or Don pedro winter fishing?

Post by serina_mikaelson »

Looking to see what fishery is better in your opinion for this winter season and why? thanks
steve black

Re: New melones or Don pedro winter fishing?

Post by steve black »

My opinion, New Melones, only because I've had better success in winter months fishing for large spotted bass. The R2S s-waver that you asked about in you previous post is the next best thing than the A-rig on that lake for me. The Spots don't seem to be effected by weather on Melones than on Pedro IMO. Maybe because of all the near by cover in that lake or more food chain for them. Either one can produce big limits if fished correctly, but I lean more to New Melones. Don't forget Glory Hole Sports, always a great excuse to stop in if you think you might have forgotten something. If you ever get the chance go look at their trophy wall of whats come out of that lake, very impressive. Great info from the staff their if you've never fished the lake. Good luck, try both lakes , you cant go wrong with either one. :D
Last edited by steve black on Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
serina_mikaelson

Post by serina_mikaelson »

Thanks very hepful
Turkeyman

Post by Turkeyman »

Melones, Pedro can be real fickle in the winter. Melones has a better population of spots that can save the day.
Chad Sweitzer

Post by Chad Sweitzer »

Recent tournament on Pedro was won with 4 fish for 32 pounds, 2nd place had 4 fish for 22 lbs (it was a 4 fish limit). Recent 60 boat tournament on Melones was won with 5 fish for 14 lbs
PB: Spot-9.625 (Shasta Record) LMB-13.27 SM-4.36