Delta coves closed off ( keep out )

dvkawboy

Delta coves closed off ( keep out )

Post by dvkawboy »

How can a developer close off a section of the river ? They do not own the water yet they closed off a section of bethel island that a lot of us fish .
mark poulson

Re: Delta coves closed off ( keep out )

Post by mark poulson »

dvkawboy wrote:How can a developer close off a section of the river ? They do not own the water yet they closed off a section of bethel island that a lot of us fish .
Wow! I thought that any navigable waterway was fishable, unless it was military.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
dvkawboy

Post by dvkawboy »

I thought the same thing
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

How have they blocked it off ?? I'd contact the Sheriff and get an official ruling. But I don't think they can block off any navigable part of the river. It's like an owner can block you from being ON his dock, but can not stop you from fishing UNDER his dock. Tho, many have tried, I encourage them to call the Sheriff on me !!
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

From a reliable source:
Per a deputy with CoCo County SO, it's a "private waterway" that the company closed to the public. The company can deny access because they carved the waterway out, are putting in pilings for the docks in preparation for building houses, not to mention not wanting things stolen.

Just saw this:
https://www.deltacoves.com/find-a-home/
bent70

Post by bent70 »

Thats been closed for a few years? Entry has had no tresspasing signs since they cut the levee. Where have you been?
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

bent70 wrote:Thats been closed for a few years? Entry has had no tresspasing signs since they cut the levee. Where have you been?
But they have allowed unrestricted public access for years.
CLEAN AND DRY
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

MichaelB wrote:From a reliable source:
Per a deputy with CoCo County SO, it's a "private waterway" that the company closed to the public. The company can deny access because they carved the waterway out, are putting in pilings for the docks in preparation for building houses, not to mention not wanting things stolen.

Just saw this:
https://www.deltacoves.com/find-a-home/
I think this sheriff may be wrong. State law and Federal law protects public access to all navigable waterways.
The Coast Guard would probably be a more reliable source.
CLEAN AND DRY
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

Yes !.... if developers carved out that waterway ! they have the legal right to close it off to public access, if state or army Corp of engineers , created it !, then public access is automatic.....
dvkawboy

Post by dvkawboy »

Just doesn’t seem right . Who ever cuts it out , it’s still our water .
Caleb.Smith

Post by Caleb.Smith »

Yah I was over there Friday thinking the same thing. Doesn't seem right.
I contacted Fish and Wildlife this morning to investigate if they have a legal right to do so.
I am currently awaiting a phone call back as the gentleman stated he would look into it, he said
there is a possibility that they have pulled a permit to temporarily block off the area.
Will let you guys know as soon as I hear back from him.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Caleb.Smith wrote:Yah I was over there Friday thinking the same thing. Doesn't seem right.
I contacted Fish and Wildlife this morning to investigate if they have a legal right to do so.
I am currently awaiting a phone call back as the gentleman stated he would look into it, he said
there is a possibility that they have pulled a permit to temporarily block off the area.
Will let you guys know as soon as I hear back from him.
Thanks.
CLEAN AND DRY
185vsfrog

Post by 185vsfrog »

My understanding is that in order to Block it off from boaters/fisherman, they need an ordinance or permit from the city and it has to be posted with that ordinance. Without that permit/ordinance from the city, they cannot block the navigable waterway. Its plainly stated in the California Constitution.
EBAE553F-80CB-4D1D-950C-AEE91414C3C2.png
Jeff C.

Post by Jeff C. »

If the Sheriff isn't going to enforce the law it would likely take a lawsuit, but who's gonna fork out the money for that?
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

Not trying to defend the developer/contractor, but if they are driving piles or have other similar heavy construction activity ongoing, they are likely obligated for safety/insurance concerns to close off "bankrupt bay" to the public.
bent70

Post by bent70 »

mark poulson wrote:
bent70 wrote:Thats been closed for a few years? Entry has had no tresspasing signs since they cut the levee. Where have you been?
But they have allowed unrestricted public access for years.
I know people have been shore fishing till mid this year when they fenced it off better.
How was the fishing in there? By boat. I figured thats where the fish went when i couldnt catch any.... :mrgreen:
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Is this “ghost marine”i
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

ash wrote:Is this “ghost marine”i
Yes
CLEAN AND DRY
db220

Post by db220 »

The first thought that I had was that this will add 500 more ski boats to the traffic out there. With what's going on with the water I can't see fisherman investing 1m on a home there at this time.
I'm surprised they're targeting Spring for opening. I was in there over the summer and no construction was going on that I could see.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

db220 wrote:The first thought that I had was that this will add 500 more ski boats to the traffic out there. With what's going on with the water I can't see fisherman investing 1m on a home there at this time.
I'm surprised they're targeting Spring for opening. I was in there over the summer and no construction was going on that I could see.
I'm sure that's just to get people interested. Even with a lot of prefab, like the houses in Summer Lake, it will take them at least 9 months to get a house built and ready to sell, assuming they've gotten all the utilities and sewer connections sorted out beforehand.
CLEAN AND DRY