Nissan Frontier towing a bass boat

bustout

Nissan Frontier towing a bass boat

Post by bustout »

Hello everyone
Anyone have experience towing a 18ft bass boat with a Nissan Frontier with a V6 ? Good fit?
thanks in advance
mark poulson

Re: Nissan Frontier towing a bass boat

Post by mark poulson »

I was told, long ago, that the tow vehicle should out weigh whatever it's towing by at least 50%, so the tail doesn't wag the dog when braking.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
pewter

Post by pewter »

Have been towing a 18.5' Cajun for 3 years with no problems.
FlippinDbombs

Post by FlippinDbombs »

I’ve towed my ranger 19 footer with a dual axle trailer with my ford ranger with 3.0 v6 to clear lake and Berryessa new melons Pedro with no problem just make sure you have a tranny cooler and don’t tow in OD or you’ll be changing your tranny out pretty quick
DYOLLPSTER

Post by DYOLLPSTER »

I tow a 20 foot bass boat with my V6 Toyota 4Runner. I've taken it all over including Clear Lake and Trinity Lake. The trailer brakes are nice to have. I don't think you'll have a problem with an 18 footer. I'm considering getting a larger truck, but that's mostly cause I've had my 4Runner for 11 years, and I'm ready for something newer.
JoeLanghans

Post by JoeLanghans »

bustout wrote:Hello everyone
Anyone have experience towing a 18ft bass boat with a Nissan Frontier with a V6 ? Good fit?
thanks in advance
You’ll be fine. Your setup only weighs maybe 2500 lbs. Up hills you’ll be bogged down with the lack of power and high gear ratio, but you’re fine. The only issue will be launching if it’s a 2wd.