Sonoma County Belly Boat Bass Club (SCBBBC) 2019 Season

MKA

Sonoma County Belly Boat Bass Club (SCBBBC) 2019 Season

Post by MKA »

The Sonoma County Belly Boat Bass Club (SCBBBC) has been going strong for the past 36 years and the 2019 season promises to be an exciting one. Rich Caro (Club President and Founder) and crew have put together a great schedule on some of the best fisheries in Northern California. “Give it a try, get off the bank, you just might like it. This is all about fun. Still, to this day I get out in my kick boat to get my fix of bass fishing”, said Rich with enthusiasm in his voice.

SCBBBC events are open to float tubes, U boats, kick boats, and kayaks. If you do plan on fishing out of a kayak, you will be required to use your paddle only to keep things fair. For kick boats, trolling motors are allowed in pre-fish but not on competition day. This experience is all about getting up close and personal with nature and the fish.

Tournaments are a five-fish limit format on all bodies of water except Clear Lake. When competing on Clear Lake, it is a four-fish limit. Fish are kept in live wells when fishing out of kick boats and kayaks. Follow-me bags are employed when fishing out of float tubes and U boats. Live wells must be at least 38-quart ice chests and have a properly functioning aeration system to keep the fish healthy for live release after the weigh-ins. Rich emphasized that fish health is at the top of their priority list. He reported that the club is comprised of friendly anglers who are eager to share their knowledge and help others get into the sport. Rich and crew will answer any questions and help anglers set up their boats to make sure that they are in full compliance with the rules and regulations.

The tournament season is set to kick off on Saturday, February 23rd on Lake Sonoma. The lake is located approximately 10 minutes west of Healdsburg in the Sonoma County foothills surrounded by vineyards and beautiful scenery. When full, the lake has 2,700 surface acres and 50 miles of shoreline. Late February on Lake Sonoma should make for some fantastic fishing conditions. If you are not already fishing SCBBBC events, this would be a great time to come out and give it a try.

2019 Schedule
2/23 – Lake Sonoma
3/16 – Lake Berryessa
4/6 – Clear Lake
5/4 & 5/5 – BNT Open on Clear Lake
6/8 – Blue Lake (mud lake)
7/13 & 7/14 – BNT California Delta Open (Tiki Lagoon)
8/10 – Lake Sonoma (night tournament)
9/4 – California Delta (White’s Slough)
10/5 & 10/6 – Outdoor Pro Shop Classic Open on Clear Lake
11/2 – Rancho Seco Lake
11/16 & 11/17 – TOC (location TBD)
Attachments
1934774_1098515740058_6220875_n.jpg
1934774_1098515740058_6220875_n.jpg (77.79 KiB) Viewed 1049 times