Organizing worms

Hookset5

Organizing worms

Post by Hookset5 »

HI everyone. I've been putting some thought (probably way too much) into re-organizing my worms. I'm a "grab and go" kind of guy so I don't like sifting through things when I need them. Here's what I've got and I was wondering if anyone could share their own way of organizing to help me out.

I currently have them in a worm bag, they all fit but should I organize them based on technique or based on the worm itself?
I have straight tails, stick worms, finesse worms, cut-tail worms and curly tail worms.
I fish texas, carolina, drop shot, wacky & shakey

Do yall organize based on technique or worm type? What's the best way to do this?
WRB

Re: Organizing worms

Post by WRB »

I would start with color and size then size, I have thousands of worms organized this way.
Tom
Turkeyman

Post by Turkeyman »

For my worms that I use for drop shot, split shot, shakey heads etc, I keep them in the original bags and then put the bags into a small rectangular plastic box that I keep in the front compartment, I will then just remove a bag and keep it on the front deck or in a pocket and use until gone.
Worms that I use for neko rigging I keep in a plano box by size and with a couple of sizes of hooks and nail weights in the same box, then if that's what I'm doing it will be on the top readily available same for my senkos.
nate50

Post by nate50 »

I organize everything by technique. I have a drop shot box with hooks, weights and the baits I use for drop shot. I do the same for jigs and trailers, shakey heads and worms I like for that. This way it’s easy for me to find everything. I need to tie a drop shot I grab one box and it’s all there. The down side to this is you need to have lots of storage room.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

I keep all my store bought plastics in their original bags, and store the bags in either gallon zip lock bags or the 3731 Plano boxes, sorted by type of bait and labeled on the top and the front edge.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
ttb31183

Post by ttb31183 »

I have them all in original bags on pegboards and sorted by type of lure and color. It is more work but I hardly keep anything in the boat all season and constantly swap out different styles of hard baits and plastics. I really don't take much with me on the boat each trip and just what I need. I hardly ever feel like I left the something at home.
Tyler Brinks
Dougfish

Post by Dougfish »

This year I have decided to fish out of the back of the boat, so I had to downsize and make efficient adjustments. I try to stick to my confidence baits, then rotate through them by technique. I don't need 10 different colors of drop shot worms, I have a couple favorites, if none of them produce, I'll try a different technique.
I like to keep my plastics in original bags, then when I plan my next trip, I put them in a speed bag based on what types of fishing that I think I will be doing on a particular day. I have the Bass Mafia deep coffin and keep all of my terminal tackle in either 2"x3" or 3"x3" plastic bags placed vertically, this way I can put 5 or 10 different sizes of hook in 1 space as opposed to 5 or 10 spaces. It takes up 2ea 3600 spaces in my portable bag, but I can carry so much stuff in an easy to find system.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

I do a hybrid, i have my gallon bag of plastics as well as tackle boxes with looses and terminal tackle example my punch box has my "go to" punch baits along with my punch skirts and terminal tackle associated with punching. My senko box has senkos out of package with terminal lined up, finesse box has some go to MM3, Sexy Shad, Hitworms etc... my jig box has NO PLASTICS mixed in with it cause that's how you ruin jigs! This is what works for me so I know my BassMafia containers have my goto stuff and i mix it up with the plastics I bring based on seasonal / lake changes.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Hookset5

Post by Hookset5 »

Thanks for the share's. I decided to buy some 1.5" x 1.5" clear plastic bags for my terminal tackle and stick with labeling my worms by type instead of technique. I found something new in the process.. I use stick worms for almost every technique.. so there was no way to separate those by technique.