New Ultrex Issue

WAUTE

New Ultrex Issue

Post by WAUTE »

Nothing mechanical and please excuse my lack of knowledge with this setup.

After installing the 52" ultrex on my 20' Triton I notice that when deployed the angle in towards the bow is incorrect. Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust this?

Going to try to upload photos.

Thanks WB!

Jason
Attachments
20190129_162023.jpg
20190129_164830.jpg
pizzabob

Re: New Ultrex Issue

Post by pizzabob »

is the single bolt in on the top of the mount ?
I cant see the top
WAUTE

Post by WAUTE »

pizzabob wrote:is the single bolt in on the top of the mount ?
I cant see the top

Yes sir. I'm lost... :cry:
111bass

Post by 111bass »

Just installed my new Ultrex last week and mine has the same problem not as bad a one in picture but definitely not straight up and now any ideas
JL

Post by JL »

Level your boat. Then put a level on the bow. I'm thinking you will need to shim the trolling motor up.
zdbm2004

Post by zdbm2004 »

Sounds like the bow on tritons have a harder slope towards the water. Did see that xdcers May need to be shimmed also. I saw Gerald Swindle (runs a triton) used TH Marine 5 degree transom plates. There is a video of him describing it. I found it in the BBC boards. Google search triton ultrex swindle. I tried attaching the link but it didn’t attach.
zmyers
WAUTE

Post by WAUTE »

zdbm2004 wrote:Sounds like the bow on tritons have a harder slope towards the water. Did see that xdcers May need to be shimmed also. I saw Gerald Swindle (runs a triton) used TH Marine 5 degree transom plates. There is a video of him describing it. I found it in the BBC boards. Google search triton ultrex swindle. I tried attaching the link but it didn’t attach.
I saw that video, even in my photo there is no shims that would correct such a degree of offset. When I pull it up and make it close to level it's several inches off. You can literally set a brick under it before it's close. Email Minn Kota but no reply yet. Taking it in to shop in the a.m. pretty embarrassed, lol.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

I would call around to local boat repair shops that install TMs, and ask them. You can't be the only one with that issue.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
WAUTE

Post by WAUTE »

Just an update, trolling motor is in the correct position and looks nothing like it does in the pictures. When deployed in the water, the boat levels itself out properly and the motor sits just perfectly. Even Minn Kota took a look at the photos and was baffled, lol. Ultimately, I should have tried it myself but due to the degree of inward angle I was certain something was wrong.

Went fishing yesterday and the angle and experience of my new ultrex was far better than the bite. Lol

Thanks for the responses and I hope it helps someone else.

Jason
Jboutfishn

Post by Jboutfishn »

It’s all good!
fidzj

Post by fidzj »

I know this is an old thread, but are you sure it levels out? I’m. Installing mine now, and this just doesn’t look right!
Oh_Son

Post by Oh_Son »

Look into ashmore marine, he has a wedge for the tritons. You can via Facebook/ IG, works as supposed to.
Bassjunkie17

Post by Bassjunkie17 »

Trade triton in for another boat??? :lol:
Used to have a nitro...wasn't straight but not that bad.