Backseat Tackle Bag-Organization

5/0

Backseat Tackle Bag-Organization

Post by 5/0 »

I've been away from bass fishing for quite some time and now that I'm retired I'm going to get back into it. I've posted some questions regarding this recently. I'm hoping for some help on tackle bag organization for a back seater.
I went through all my stuff and organized it in my garage. Now, what to load in the bag and how?
I'm trying to get away from putting soft plastics in Plano boxes and keeping them in their original packages in a binder. I've tried this every way from Sunday! I can get my worms organized this way, but there is not enough room in the binder for other plastics, ie: grubs, creatures, lizards, tubes, craws, Senkos, and jig trailers. Can I put these in boxes outside of their original bags without making a mess? What soft plastic brands do well in boxes outside the package?
I've considered a larger bag, but I don't want to have to lift it with a forklift to get it in the boat!

Thanks in advance!
JakeV77

Re: Backseat Tackle Bag-Organization

Post by JakeV77 »

I’ve done the big bigger tackle bag set up and it worked well but over the last year or so I’ve switched to a medium sized backpack with 2 or three zipper pockets. I have a box each for hard baits, jig heads, and ternaminal tackle. Those go in the big pocket. I have most of my soft plastics narrowed down to what I think I will be using for the day. My finesse worms go in a gallon zip lock bag and my senko, creature baits, and trailers go into another. Swimbaits are kind of tuff but I always seem to find room for a few pack of keitechs. The ziplocks fold/roll up pretty good and I am able to put them into the next size down pocket. Extra line, tools, maybe an extra reel fit in the third pocket. Little side pockets are good for sent, extra packs of hooks, just extra room basically. I’m always having a hard time narrowing down what I can fit in the bag for the day, like most bass guys I always want to bring everything I can. This is by no means perfect but it works for me, hopefully this helps.
Mitch

Re: Backseat Tackle Bag-Organization

Post by Mitch »

I fish both boater and non boater and this is what I use. Plenty of room, and easy to organize. Comes with 4 3600 type Plastic boxes. I got this one on Amazon, $100 +/- depending on which one you choose.
Attachments
skb_2skb_7300_bk_tak_pac_backpack_tackle_system_1427304352000_1117860.jpg
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms